Gm 65: Magic at Lakers GAME THREAD

Re: Gm 65: Magic at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby lakerevolution » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:36 pm

The Magic's 8 Ball came up "Sources Say No" tonight I see! The youngsters are gelling like jiggling Jello, now we know they need vets and an all-star to be a +.500 team! I really hope we don't trade Clarky.
User avatar
lakerevolution
 
Posts: 1726
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:36 pm
Has thanked: 159 times
Been thanked: 299 times

Re: Gm 65: Magic at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby Lakers4Life » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:44 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:
Lakers4Life wrote:I know it's only a couple of games, but I think our rooks have definitely, positively, absolutely, undeniably & reliably have turned the proverbial corner!


Um, try INDUBITABLY!


Hey man, I was close.. LOL
User avatar
Lakers4Life
 
Posts: 2418
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:09 pm
Has thanked: 237 times
Been thanked: 330 times

Re: Gm 65: Magic at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby Julius Russell » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:56 am

Clarkson still will likely never be a good defender but he and Russell play well together imo. This isn't Curry/ Ellis.
It's different.
Ingram would be sweet
Durant too
But even if it's Byron and fillers next season , the future is bright
Julius Russell
 
Posts: 506
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:52 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 58 times

Re: Gm 65: Magic at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby Lakers4Life » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:16 am

FB_IMG_1457509946735.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Lakers4Life
 
Posts: 2418
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:09 pm
Has thanked: 237 times
Been thanked: 330 times

Re: Gm 65: Magic at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:25 am

Lakers4Life wrote:
FB_IMG_1457509946735.jpg


The Big3, imagine Ben Simmons with those 3. We would have a Big4 and young Big4 at that!
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 5366
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 784 times
Been thanked: 319 times

Re: Gm 65: Magic at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:29 am

I really want Russell to make me eat crow because I would've drafted Okafor so the better he does gives me joy. I just want to win again and what's best for the team. Russell over the last month has played like the 2nd pick of the Draft, proud of the kid. He needs to keep it up and even get better next season.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 5366
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 784 times
Been thanked: 319 times

Re: Gm 65: Magic at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby Lakers4Life » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:14 am

....& Jordan Clarkson is living up to his 2nd round/46th overall pick "lol4:
User avatar
Lakers4Life
 
Posts: 2418
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:09 pm
Has thanked: 237 times
Been thanked: 330 times

Re: Gm 65: Magic at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:35 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:I really want Russell to make me eat crow because I would've drafted Okafor so the better he does gives me joy. I just want to win again and what's best for the team. Russell over the last month has played like the 2nd pick of the Draft, proud of the kid. He needs to keep it up and even get better next season.


Other than his foot speed, what does he lack?
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #17 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
User avatar
KobeMVP888
 
Posts: 2440
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 261 times
Been thanked: 442 times

Re: Gm 65: Magic at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:37 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:I really want Russell to make me eat crow because I would've drafted Okafor so the better he does gives me joy. I just want to win again and what's best for the team. Russell over the last month has played like the 2nd pick of the Draft, proud of the kid. He needs to keep it up and even get better next season.


Other than his foot speed, what does he lack?


Not much really, I just looked at Okafor coming out thinking he will definitely be a dominating scorer and we needed a Center and already had Clarky. Believe me about 80% of Lakers fans wanted Okafor (8 out of every 10 people, you did too) so I am not the only one while the Draft was going on. It wasn't really anything against Russell. Foot speed/overall speed, his Defense needs improving, and his FT shooting but other than those 3 things I can't complain right now.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 5366
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 784 times
Been thanked: 319 times

Re: Gm 65: Magic at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:52 pm

Remember, 3Peat - you draft great guards and trade for great bigs. That's been the Laker way, at least.
User avatar
lakerevolution
 
Posts: 1726
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:36 pm
Has thanked: 159 times
Been thanked: 299 times

Re: Gm 65: Magic at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby Julius Russell » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:57 pm

Russell much quicker than given credit for.

I think it's bc he was hurt early on with the BUTT injury. He was moving gingerly.
Julius Russell
 
Posts: 506
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:52 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 58 times

Re: Gm 65: Magic at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:38 pm

Julius Russell wrote:Russell much quicker than given credit for.

I think it's bc he was hurt early on with the BUTT injury. He was moving gingerly.


He's slow when you compare him to guys like Westbrook and Lillard. Not a knock on him because in time he will get stronger and quicker IMO due to training and just his body maturing but there are several PG's that are quicker.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 5366
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 784 times
Been thanked: 319 times

Re: Gm 65: Magic at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:31 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:
Julius Russell wrote:Russell much quicker than given credit for.

I think it's bc he was hurt early on with the BUTT injury. He was moving gingerly.


He's slow when you compare him to guys like Westbrook and Lillard. Not a knock on him because in time he will get stronger and quicker IMO due to training and just his body maturing but there are several PG's that are quicker.


He's unique and deceptively quick, especially his release. Besides, he's a combo guard, not a true point guard, which is fine with me. He excels playing with Huertas and I take back anything negative I may have said about Marcelo. I can also see him playing alongside a defensive guard in the mold of Sefalosha, Tony Allen or even Iman Shumpert. If the Lakers keep their top 3 pick and draft a scoring type of wing, Jordan Clarkson becomes expendable in a trade for that big who Rev refers to, who ever that is.

I love what I am seeing from D-lo. His body is nowhere near matured and he is 6'5" tall with length. He's already developing a post game.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #17 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
User avatar
KobeMVP888
 
Posts: 2440
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 261 times
Been thanked: 442 times

Previous

Return to LakerTalk



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests