The NFL - Are you ready for some football?

Re: The NFL - Are you ready for some football?

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun May 21, 2017 11:01 pm

Peyton Manning to have statue built and put outside Lucas Oil Stadium! As a Colt, Peyton won a SuperBowl and won more Regular Season games in a decade than any other QB in NFL history from 2000-2009. He also won 4 League MVP's and a SB MVP with the Indianapolis Colts. His statue will be the first ever statue built by an Indiana Pro sports team!
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 4340
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 660 times
Been thanked: 263 times

Re: The NFL - Are you ready for some football?

Postby lakerevolution » Tue May 23, 2017 6:24 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:Peyton Manning to have statue built and put outside Lucas Oil Stadium! As a Colt, Peyton won a SuperBowl and won more Regular Season games in a decade than any other QB in NFL history from 2000-2009. He also won 4 League MVP's and a SB MVP with the Indianapolis Colts. His statue will be the first ever statue built by an Indiana Pro sports team!


He deserves it . . I bet he'd say "skip it" but future generations will be inspired by his stamp on NFL history. Haven't we all been inspired in our youth by a statue, bust or plaque of a local or respected athlete?
User avatar
lakerevolution
 
Posts: 1174
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:36 pm
Has thanked: 124 times
Been thanked: 225 times

Re: The NFL - Are you ready for some football?

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu May 25, 2017 12:27 pm

lakerevolution wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:Peyton Manning to have statue built and put outside Lucas Oil Stadium! As a Colt, Peyton won a SuperBowl and won more Regular Season games in a decade than any other QB in NFL history from 2000-2009. He also won 4 League MVP's and a SB MVP with the Indianapolis Colts. His statue will be the first ever statue built by an Indiana Pro sports team!


He deserves it . . I bet he'd say "skip it" but future generations will be inspired by his stamp on NFL history. Haven't we all been inspired in our youth by a statue, bust or plaque of a local or respected athlete?


Yeah he doesn't care for stuff like that but I am glad Irsay is doing this. Peyton was so awesome, it's tough to put into words how Great he was. Wish we could've won more than 1 SB but at least we got 1 when many great players haven't won 1. Marino would take 1 believe me so would Kelly and Fouts!
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 4340
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 660 times
Been thanked: 263 times

Re: The NFL - Are you ready for some football?

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:48 am

Mike & Mike debating that Peyton and Manning were a rivalry . . Greenie says of course, the two QBs would consider their teams' head-to-head wins/losses as a "personal battle", while Golic feels that only players who compete directly against each other, like WRs and DBs, or offensive guards and defensive tackles, etc. should be respected. I think that in football, QBs and their egos and levels of responsibility for their entire team dictate that they be considered "personal rivals".
User avatar
lakerevolution
 
Posts: 1174
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:36 pm
Has thanked: 124 times
Been thanked: 225 times

Re: The NFL - Are you ready for some football?

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:12 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Mike & Mike debating that Peyton and Manning were a rivalry . . Greenie says of course, the two QBs would consider their teams' head-to-head wins/losses as a "personal battle", while Golic feels that only players who compete directly against each other, like WRs and DBs, or offensive guards and defensive tackles, etc. should be respected. I think that in football, QBs and their egos and levels of responsibility for their entire team dictate that they be considered "personal rivals".


Peyton vs Tom in the 2000's is the closest thing we will get to Cowboys vs 49ers when Aikman took on Young's 49ers in the 90's. A breakdown of the teams best 7 season period in their respective deacde:
Tom's Pats from 2001-2007 were 86-26 in the Regular Season with 3 SB wins
Peyton's Colts from 2003-2009 were 89-23 in the Regular Season with 1 SB win

Aikman's Cowboys from 1990-1996 were 77-35 in the Regular Season with 3 SB wins
Young's 49ers from 1992-1998 were 84-28 in the Regular Season with 1 SB win
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 4340
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 660 times
Been thanked: 263 times

Re: The NFL - Are you ready for some football?

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:18 pm

Colts are a 33 to 1 odd to win the SuperBowl, I should fly to Vegas and put 100 on it. If the Colts win I would walk away with 3300 dollars :standingO: Fuck if the Falcons can make it there with Matt Ryan and had it won until an epic collapse, I know Andrew Luck can make it AND WIN if a lot of things go right. I would only lose 100 if I did lose so who cares.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 4340
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 660 times
Been thanked: 263 times

Re: The NFL - Are you ready for some football?

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:56 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:Colts are a 33 to 1 odd to win the SuperBowl, I should fly to Vegas and put 100 on it. If the Colts win I would walk away with 3300 dollars :standingO: Fuck if the Falcons can make it there with Matt Ryan and had it won until an epic collapse, I know Andrew Luck can make it AND WIN if a lot of things go right. I would only lose 100 if I did lose so who cares.


You don't have to fly to Vegas to place that. But if you did, you'd probably blow $3300 and wake up hungover and married to Shamona Relburn :drinkdrunk:
User avatar
lakerevolution
 
Posts: 1174
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:36 pm
Has thanked: 124 times
Been thanked: 225 times

Re: The NFL - Are you ready for some football?

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:27 am

lakerevolution wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:Colts are a 33 to 1 odd to win the SuperBowl, I should fly to Vegas and put 100 on it. If the Colts win I would walk away with 3300 dollars :standingO: Fuck if the Falcons can make it there with Matt Ryan and had it won until an epic collapse, I know Andrew Luck can make it AND WIN if a lot of things go right. I would only lose 100 if I did lose so who cares.


You don't have to fly to Vegas to place that. But if you did, you'd probably blow $3300 and wake up hungover and married to Shamona Relburn :drinkdrunk:


:roflmao:
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 4340
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 660 times
Been thanked: 263 times

Re: The NFL - Are you ready for some football?

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:48 am

Pre-Season just 1 month away, hard to believe. The Hall of Fame Game features Rev's Cowboys vs the Cardinals on August 3rd.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 4340
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 660 times
Been thanked: 263 times

Re: The NFL - Are you ready for some football?

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:53 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:Pre-Season just 1 month away, hard to believe. The Hall of Fame Game features Rev's Cowboys vs the Cardinals on August 3rd.


:pissedkobe:

How DARE you put my name and the Brokeback Cowgirls together??? I'm probably gonna get tix for the Raiders/Rams game though.
User avatar
lakerevolution
 
Posts: 1174
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:36 pm
Has thanked: 124 times
Been thanked: 225 times

Re: The NFL - Are you ready for some football?

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:10 pm

lakerevolution wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:Pre-Season just 1 month away, hard to believe. The Hall of Fame Game features Rev's Cowboys vs the Cardinals on August 3rd.


:pissedkobe:

How DARE you put my name and the Brokeback Cowgirls together??? I'm probably gonna get tix for the Raiders/Rams game though.


I knew you would love that one :roflmao: Raiders/Rams the battle of Cali!
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 4340
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 660 times
Been thanked: 263 times

Re: The NFL - Are you ready for some football?

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:09 pm

The Peyton Manning statue will be unveiled Saturday October 7th in front of Lucas Oil Stadium at 3pm. It will be the 1st statue that the state of Indiana has put up of any pro sports figure, not even Reggie Miller has one. Peyton deserves it though by winning a SuperBowl in 2006 - the main key and changing the complete culture of Indianapolis to a Football city which was a Basketball city. He also won 4 League MVP's while a Colt and had a 7 season Regular Season stretch where he went 89-23 (from 2003-2009) as a starting QB which is the best run ever for a 7 season stretch.

I will actually have to go downtown Indy that day and check it out and even go to St Elmo and eat me a big steak in honor of the great #18! He is a Top 3 QB of all-time IMO, really only Brady and Montana have an argument to being better. We were damn lucky to have him.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 4340
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 660 times
Been thanked: 263 times

Re: The NFL - Are you ready for some football?

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:23 pm

Pats got their ass spanked by Alex Smith :roflmao: at New England even on opening night!
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 4340
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 660 times
Been thanked: 263 times

Re: The NFL - Are you ready for some football?

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:19 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:Pats got their ass spanked by Alex Smith :roflmao: at New England even on opening night!


So much for the Pat's undefeated season that people were predicting. Brady took a few hits last night, too. Should be an interesting season! I hate my fantasy football team though.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #17 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
User avatar
KobeMVP888
 
Posts: 1762
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 181 times
Been thanked: 333 times

Re: The NFL - Are you ready for some football?

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:25 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:Pats got their ass spanked by Alex Smith :roflmao: at New England even on opening night!


So much for the Pat's undefeated season that people were predicting. Brady took a few hits last night, too. Should be an interesting season! I hate my fantasy football team though.


Yeah this should be a real interesting season, that was nice to see them get beat at home like that. I hate my Fantasy team as well. I let autodraft do it and I am not pleased.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 4340
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 660 times
Been thanked: 263 times

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron