The NFL - Are you ready for some football?

Re: The NFL - Are you ready for some football?

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:51 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Not that I've paid close attention to games as I usually would - my Sunday schedule and the abysmal performance of the soon-to-be vegas raiders are not helping - but I think this season has been very interesting! Teams like the Rams, Vikings and Jags have added diversity to the mix, and I'm really looking forward to the playoffs. It's like anyone can win it this year. I'd like to see funny-style Cam Newton get back to the SB - he's been playing like an MVP. If Brady and the Pats get back, so be it - he keeps proving why he's a legend. And this 49ers resurgence is crazy! All in all, nobody really cares about the Kaepernick thing anymore . . football has enough problems with its rules and what is a catch, but at least they allow the players to do silly TD celebrations.

The league would have great parity if it wasn't for the Patriots. They just wont go away. What I cant figure out is how they are so great? They aren't doing anything spectacular, Brady throws short passes to a bunch of no name guys all game long and they make plays. Why cant other teams do that? Their Defense isn't dominant either but they still win every week. Why don't other teams with better RB's and quicker WR's just copy their system and do the same thing? The Steelers have a lot more talent with Bell and Brown + Ben. Nobody does though. The Saints are kind of doing it this season with Brees and his RB's and Receivers.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:25 am

The Colts are picking 3rd in the Draft so next season is real promising as Andrew Luck will be back as well. I can see the Colts being similar to what the Rams have been this season. Just turning everything around. I hope the Colts take Barkley/RB, then we would have a Big3 in Luck, Hilton, and Barkley. Then I would Draft O.Lineman and Pass Rushers with the other high picks. We have a lot to prove but I know what Luck is capable of when he's healthy so it wont take much for the Colts to get Good again. Colts have lost 6 games this season by 7 points or less, with Luck we win those. So we go from 3-12 to 9-6 right there.

Andrew Luck update: Went to Europe to have treatment, feeling Great right now but still may have a minor surgery on his throwing bicep to make sure he gets completely back to 100%. That surgery typically takes 3 months to heal. It's common for QB's to have that, that have had shoulder surgery. When he comes back let the fucking games begin then, then the haters can go suck it! :pissedkobe: We will be back baby! Our new GM is really Good too, he is going to eat this Draft up as well.

Andrew Luck's key career accomplishments:
*46-30 record as a starter = Very Good, not quite Great but better than Good :)
*AFC Title Game participant (2014), fucking New England beat us :scream:
*Set Rookie record for most Passing Yards = 4374 (2012) - Still has it by the way
*Is only 1 of 8 QBs in NFL history to throw for 40 or more TD's in a season, he threw for 40 in 2014. That is really impressive!
*3 Time Pro Bowl selection
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:03 am

I'm going to go ahead and pull for the Rams this playoff, even though they lost to both the Eagles and Vikings. Goff has come along nicely and as a Cal Berkeley product he has a chance to be the next Aaron Rodgers. I don't know how the Patriots keep doing it -- they get 5 or 6 wins (and a playoff berth) handed to them every year by virtue of their division, but when it comes time to beat the big boys, they always show up. Maybe this year someone will find a way to keep them out of the SB, but the stronger teams are all in the NFC, so IDK. You gotta take the title from them.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:43 pm

lakerevolution wrote:I'm going to go ahead and pull for the Rams this playoff, even though they lost to both the Eagles and Vikings. Goff has come along nicely and as a Cal Berkeley product he has a chance to be the next Aaron Rodgers. I don't know how the Patriots keep doing it -- they get 5 or 6 wins (and a playoff berth) handed to them every year by virtue of their division, but when it comes time to beat the big boys, they always show up. Maybe this year someone will find a way to keep them out of the SB, but the stronger teams are all in the NFC, so IDK. You gotta take the title from them.

Rams would be cool, so would Saints, Vikings, or even Chiefs. Just someone different to win it. Sick of Tommy!
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:00 pm

Chuck Pagano fired, finally. Now we can move on. He should've been gone after last season. His first 3 seasons were Very Good, after that not so much. His Coaching schemes nearly got Luck killed along with our OC's play calling. I am so glad the GM Grigson is gone and now Chuck is gone. I like Ballard as our GM, now lets bring in a Coach that can get us to the promise land I say. Luck looked like he was in good shape today when he was on the sideline. Looks like he has put on about 30 pounds over the last 2 months.

-Hey Raiders fired Big Bad Jack too :roflmao:

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! :HNY2:
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:40 am

Wow, Mark "Chucky bowl cut" Davis umceremoniously FIRES Jack Del Rio minutes after the loss to the LA CHARGERS . . surreal . . the first game the Raiders have played in LA in years. And you've heard all the rumors of the REAL Chucky Jon Gruden re-upping with the franchise he helped resurrect many moons ago. Fuckin Raiders.
lakerevolution

Postby Moos » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:00 pm

It's that time of year!!!

2017 Wild Card Weekend Schedule

Sat. 1/6 - @Titans at @Chiefs> Chiefs=✔

Sat. 1/6 – @AtlantaFalcons at @Rams> Rams=✔

Sun. 1/7 – @buffalobills at @Jaguars> Jaguars=✔

Sun. 1/7 – @Panthers at @Saints> Saints=✔

Just having some fun... Has been 3 years since I watched. Maybe I'll be back to this >
Moos

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:41 pm

Moos wrote:It's that time of year!!!

Just having some fun... Has been 3 years since I watched. Maybe I'll be back to this >

I think the best Football story of the year is the Bills making the Playoffs! It was no neat to watch those guys cry in the locker room and dance around after Andy Dalton stuck it to the Ravens. Bills had already won and was watching the outcome of the Ravens/Bengals in their locker room. They needed the Ravens to lose to get in. Bills earned their spot though by beating Miami and going 9-7. 1st time in 17 seasons, Bills are in. Making that Final 12 out of 32 is truly a great feeling. Making the Divisional Round is when the Big Boys start to play = a Good season, making the Final 4 = Very Good season like the Colts did in 2014, making the SB = a Great season, winning the SB = Champion!

Here are my picks for WildCard weekend:
AFC
Chiefs over Titans, Chiefs are simply the better team.
Bills over Jags, I think Bills pull the upset off and ride their momentum. I don't trust Blake Bortles.

NFC
Saints over Panthers, Brees doesn't lose in the Playoffs at New Orleans.
Falcons over Rams, this is where experience pays off for Matt Ryan. Falcons win in a shootout.
3Peatkb24

Postby Moos » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:50 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
Moos wrote:It's that time of year!!!

Here are my picks for WildCard weekend:
AFC
Chiefs over Titans, Chiefs are simply the better team.
Bills over Jags, I think Bills pull the upset off and ride their momentum. I don't trust Blake Bortles.

NFC
Saints over Panthers, Brees doesn't lose in the Playoffs at New Orleans.
Falcons over Rams, this is where experience pays off for Matt Ryan. Falcons win in a shootout.

Rams got this one... payback this time!!! The last time the Rams were in the playoffs, they lost to the Falcons.
Moos

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:04 am

I tried to tell everyone Falcons. I cant believe the Chiefs lost at home though, then again I can. Alex Smith is perhaps the biggest choker in NFL history when it comes to Playoff games.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:50 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:I tried to tell everyone Falcons. I cant believe the Chiefs lost at home though, then again I can. Alex Smith is perhaps the biggest choker in NFL history when it comes to Playoff games.

Yep. I should have bet that one. It was close to a no brainer.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:16 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:I tried to tell everyone Falcons. I cant believe the Chiefs lost at home though, then again I can. Alex Smith is perhaps the biggest choker in NFL history when it comes to Playoff games.

Yep. I should have bet that one. It was close to a no brainer.

I was close on Buffalo just straight up, had I bet and took the 8.5 I would've won. They only lost by 7. Saints are rolling so I will end up 2-2 just predicting straight up. The Falcons was the gutsy pick but I had a feeling Matt Ryan wouldn't go out like a chump. Had I made bets on all the games factoring in point spreads I would've won all 4 assuming the Saints stay ahead by more than 6. That pisses me off because that is money :roflmao: I would've took the Titans and the points because I know how KC is in the Playoffs. I thought KC would win but maybe by a FG or so.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:44 pm

Saints won so I went 2-2 regarding picking teams in WildCard weekend. I had Falcons, Saints, Chiefs, Bills. The AFC screwed me. Still .500 though.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:42 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:Saints won so I went 2-2 regarding picking teams in WildCard weekend. I had Falcons, Saints, Chiefs, Bills. The AFC screwed me. Still .500 though.

Common thread? Teams with the best QBs win.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:44 am

ARE you ready for some football? RIP to a great one!
KobeMVP888

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk