The NFL - Are you ready for some football?

Re: The NFL - Are you ready for some football?

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:09 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:

ARE you ready for some football? RIP to a great one!

RIP, great commentator. He was terrific doing College Football games! Here are my picks this week:
Falcons over Eagles
Patriots over Titans
Steelers over Jags
Saints over Vikings
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:28 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

RIP, great commentator. He was terrific doing College Football games! Here are my picks this week:
Falcons over Eagles
Patriots over Titans
Steelers over Jags
Saints over Vikings

Man, we're losing the legends! We've been blessed to live through many of the best who made their mark in the 50s, 60s and 70s and made our sports world that much more magical! Keith was the Chick of college football.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:08 pm

lakerevolution wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

Falcons over Eagles
Patriots over Titans
Steelers over Jags
Saints over Vikings

Man, we're losing the legends! We've been blessed to live through many of the best who made their mark in the 50s, 60s and 70s and made our sports world that much more magical! Keith was the Chick of college football.

Yeah guys like Dick Enberg who did Pro Baseball, Football, and Basketball/Chick doing Laker radio, and Keith Jackson doing College Football are just legends and will never truly be replaced - RIP to those 3. We have had the best of everything growing up when we have. Vin Scully when he did Pro Baseball, and Jim Nantz doing Pro Football are still with us and those are 2 others I have always liked. I like John Madden as well when he did Pro Football. Mark Boyle who does radio for the Pacers currently kicks ass too.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:49 pm

Worst week I have had at picking in a long time in the Playoffs. Went 1-3. Steelers lose to the Jags at home and Saints lose on a last second TD. :roflmao:
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:42 pm

After all the Kaepernick drama, looks like we'll be having a PATRIOTIC and AMERICAN EAGLE-themed Superbowl :goUSA: :dedhors:

Fuckin' Brady . . and Amendola. Can't hate on 'em.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:38 pm

lakerevolution wrote:After all the Kaepernick drama, looks like we'll be having a PATRIOTIC and AMERICAN EAGLE-themed Superbowl :goUSA: :dedhors:

Fuckin' Brady . . and Amendola. Can't hate on 'em.

Tom about to get #6. I have already admitted and said Tom is the best ever, Montana is #2 now has the Stats and 4 Championships, and Peyton is #3. Peyton is #3 based on, he has won at least 2 SB's and won with 2 different teams + has 5 League MVP's. That 2nd SB win puts him #3 when you combine his League MVP's and Stats with it. Tom is the best though, he is in the Final 4 every year and has Great Stats throughout his career.

-Don't want to hear Terry Bradshaw in that convo just because he has 4 Championships. His Defense carried him and his Stats are shit! He wasn't better than Dan Marino, Good night.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:15 am

Fuckin Peyton Manning! Has he got his forehead examined yet :waaaaa:

Terry Bradshaw, Troy Aikman, Kurt Warner . . let's talk about ya papa john quarterback before you put his ass on a bronze pedestal. Peyton did his thing, but he never did what it took to get multiple titles with the Colts. I guess Brady punked him.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:40 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Fuckin Peyton Manning! Has he got his forehead examined yet :waaaaa:

Terry Bradshaw, Troy Aikman, Kurt Warner . . let's talk about ya papa john quarterback before you put his ass on a bronze pedestal. Peyton did his thing, but he never did what it took to get multiple titles with the Colts. I guess Brady punked him.

Yeah I definitely give Peyton the Bronze medal. Brady gets Gold, Montana gets Silver. Peyton wasn't as Clutch as Brady or Montana in Playoff play but still won 2 SB's with 2 different teams which no other QB has ever done that, not even Brady or Montana. Peyton proved he could win with 4 different coaches, Brady has always had the same coach his whole career. Peyton made SB's with Jim Caldwell and John Fox, then won one with Gary Kubiak of all people. The only coach he ever had that could even be considered Great is Tony Dungy and Dungy is no Bill Belichick. 2 SB wins with 2 different teams and 5 League MVP's + a SB MVP which he won in Indy is enough to get him the Bronze.

-You also nailed it on the FOREHEAD :roflmao: when you said Brady punked him while he was Indianapolis. Had it not been for the Patriots, Peyton would've had at least another SB win in Indy. Pats were just a dynasty and nearly impossible to beat in the Playoffs. It wasn't just because of Brady though, they have arguably the Greatest HeadCoach ever and had better Defenses than Indy did.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:13 pm

In the 52 seasons of the SB era I feel very comfy ranking Peyton the 3rd best of all-time. Remember I am saying SB era so guys like Johnny Unitas aren't included in this discussion. Unitas's best seasons were before the SB era. So in 52 seasons lets look at things closely, shall we.

-Only 4 QB's have won more SB's than Peyton in which they started the SB - Brady = 5, Montana = 4, Bradshaw = 4, and Aikman = 3. Only 4 by the way, so now lets look at League MVP's and Stats. Out of the QB's that have won as many as Peyton = 2, none of them even come close to him statistically or winning the League MVP's he has. So that automatically puts Peyton 5th best ever in the SB era even before any debate. Lets look at Peyton vs Bradshaw and Aikman:
Passing Yards - Bradshaw = 27,989, Aikman 32,942, Peyton 71,940 :roflmao:
TD's - Bradshaw 212, Aikman 141, Peyton 539 :roflmao:
League MVP's - Bradshaw 1, Aikman 0, Peyton 5 :roflmao:
-Shit isn't even close! Peyton carried his teams while Bradshaw had the best Defenses of all-time and Aikman had Emmitt Smith do all of his dirty work.

-Montana won at least 2 League MVP's and in an era where it wasn't about a lot of passing he did throw for 40,551 Yards and 273 TD's. Brady also has won at least 2 League MVP's and has stats comparable to Peyton's so yeah those 2 deserve to be rated higher than Peyton. Bradshaw and Aikman - NO, unless the only thing you measure is SB Rings and if anyone only uses that, that is just silly. That would mean Trent Dilfer deserves to be ranked higher than Dan Marino :roflmao:

-Also I will say this, Peyton is 3-1 vs Brady in Championship games, 3-2 overall in Playoff games. The 2 games Brady beat him were when Peyton played in Indianapolis otherwise Peyton would probably be a 4 time Champion. Pats are a dynasty team so losing to them isn't a shame, they beat everyone.
*Drops Mic!
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:56 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:In the 52 seasons of the SB era I feel very comfy ranking Peyton the 3rd best of all-time. Remember I am saying SB era so guys like Johnny Unitas aren't included in this discussion. Unitas's best seasons were before the SB era. So in 52 seasons lets look at things closely, shall we.

-Only 4 QB's have won more SB's than Peyton in which they started the SB - Brady = 5, Montana = 4, Bradshaw = 4, and Aikman = 3. Only 4 by the way, so now lets look at League MVP's and Stats. Out of the QB's that have won as many as Peyton = 2, none of them even come close to him statistically or winning the League MVP's he has. So that automatically puts Peyton 5th best ever in the SB era even before any debate. Lets look at Peyton vs Bradshaw and Aikman:
TD's - Bradshaw 212, Aikman 165, Peyton 539 :roflmao:
-Shit isn't even close! Peyton carried his teams while Bradshaw had the best Defenses of all-time and Aikman had Emmitt Smith do all of his dirty work.

-Montana won at least 2 League MVP's and in an era where it wasn't about a lot of passing he did throw for 40,551 Yards and 273 TD's. Brady also has won at least 2 League MVP's and has stats comparable to Peyton's so yeah those 2 deserve to be rated higher than Peyton. Bradshaw and Aikman - NO, unless the only thing you measure is SB Rings and if anyone only uses that, that is just silly. That would mean Trent Dilfer deserves to be ranked higher than Dan Marino :roflmao:

-Also I will say this, Peyton is 3-1 vs Brady in Championship games, 3-2 overall in Playoff games. The 2 games Brady beat him were when Peyton played in Indianapolis otherwise Peyton would probably be a 4 time Champion. Pats are a dynasty team so losing to them isn't a shame, they beat everyone.
*Drops Mic!

By the way winning a Ring is critical to a players career and if a player wins 2 than he proves winning 1 wasn't a fluke. Have to at least win 1 though IMO to be mentioned in any best ever convo. Having said that, using a Ring argument to say one player is better than another is a bit dumb when the Ring count is close. 4-2 is pretty close in Peyton and Bradshaw's case. If that is the case than Bill Russell smokes Wilt Chamberlain 11-2 in Rings, Ring argument right? We cant have it both ways, if Peyton isn't the GOAT at his position than either is Wilt at Center. Now I bet I got your guys attention. :roflmao: Everyone with half a brain knows Wilt was better than Bill Russell but RINGS :rofl4:
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:40 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:In the 52 seasons of the SB era I feel very comfy ranking Peyton the 3rd best of all-time. Remember I am saying SB era so guys like Johnny Unitas aren't included in this discussion. Unitas's best seasons were before the SB era. So in 52 seasons lets look at things closely, shall we.

*Drops Mic!

Ok ok . . I was a little hard on The Beaver "lol4: a QB never knows when greatness is going to be thrust upon him. Nick Foles is making the most out of his opportunity.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:40 pm

lakerevolution wrote:

*Drops Mic!

Ok ok . . I was a little hard on The Beaver "lol4: a QB never knows when greatness is going to be thrust upon him. Nick Foles is making the most out of his opportunity.

I know you were playing around about Manning, no big deal. I thought the forehead and Papa John stuff was funny actually. I hear it all the time around here :roflmao: I just wanted to show everyone facts and stats regarding who is the best, etc.. I do think the Ring argument gets blown out of proportion because it's a team game. Bill Russell won 11 Rings, if it was about Rings only then he is best player of all-time. I think as long as you win 1 being the best player on your team that pulls tons a weight - Peyton did that in 2006, winning 2 is huge if you have dominating Stats.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:57 pm

Sad news about the Colts Edwin Jackson. Even roadside, you have to watch out. Just horrible.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:47 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Sad news about the Colts Edwin Jackson. Even roadside, you have to watch out. Just horrible.

-Just chilling out in my hotel room as they have Wifi here. Drinking a few beers and watching ESPN break down the SB. Eagles won :roflmao:. Tom Brady has now lost 3 SB's when he's been the big favorite. I love this! I am around $200 ahead on my gambling playing slots. I am chillin today, no hard liquor, just a few beers and just reading how the Pats fans are weeping :roflmao:

-Regarding Edwin, RIP. He was a well liked guy (we called him Pound around here) and a Good player in the Colts family. Cant drink and drive folks, the person that killed Edwin was drinking. Just senseless, if you drink put your keys up, stay at home, get a hotel room but stay off the fucking streets.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:23 pm

Colts hire Frank Reich. Now this move I love! What is there not to love about Frank! He was one of the best backup QB's of all-time when he played in Buffalo behind Jim Kelly and Coached by Marv Levy. Played in 4 SB's under a Great Coach. He was the Offensive Coordinator last season in Philly helping with the play calling and Offensive strategies. He won the SB with Nick Foles at QB beating the Pats. Frank is full of Offensive knowledge and has been around Great Coaching for around 30 years! Frank is a high character guy as well and only 56 - looks like a young 56.

-We dodged a bullet when McDaniels backed out, McDaniels was a complete failure in Denver when he Coached and is a low character guy - just seems immature. He has never accomplished anything great without Tom Brady and Bill Belichick to carry him.
3Peatkb24

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk