The NFL - Are you ready for some football?

Re: The NFL - Are you ready for some football?

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:02 am

Around the crazy world of Football:

Pats go to 9-0 but lose Edleman to injury FOR THE SEASON, huge loss for them as he is Brady's #1 option. No way they go undefeated without him so we can stop that talk. Pats do however look like the team to beat in the NFL once again. Giants gave them the game on Sunday though losing 27-26. Brady actually threw a duck right to DB Collins of the Giants late in the 4th Qtr and he just dropped the INT that would've ended the game. Of course the Football Gods love Tommy :waaaaa:./ Peyton Manning to sit out at Chicago this up coming Sunday as he has a foot injury. Broncos are on a 2 game losing streak and it could be 3 as Brock Osweiler gets the start and is pretty bad and the Bears are rolling right now!/ Texans take out the undefeated Bengals to pull into a tie with the Colts for 1st place in the AFC South, I guess the AFC South doesn't suck as bad as most people think. - Colts took out a healthy Broncos team led by Peyton and they had their whole Defense healthy too with Talib, Miller, and Ware in, Texans take out Dalton, Jags take out Flacco in Baltimore. Interesting season./ How about those mighty Seahawks and Russell Wilson? 4-5, when their Defense plays like garbage which they did on Sunday giving up 39 points to the Cards he looks like an ordinary QB, welcome to Luck's world buddy./ Last but not least the Greatest QB since slice bread in Aaron Rodgers has dropped 3 straight games and loss to the worst team in the league = the Lions in GB! I guess it's time to trade him :silly3: I mean when Luck loses 3 straight (which he did earlier in the year) he sucks right so I guess when Rodgers loses 3 straight and 1 of those are to those Lions at home he must really suck :waaaaa:

Mr Og's Power Rankings through Week 9 - Top 5
1. Patriots 9-0
2. Panthers 9-0
3. Cardinals 7-2
4. Broncos 7-2
5. Bengals 8-1
Cards and Broncos both are better than the Playoff winless Andy Dalton IMO despite being a game worse in the standings. Cards may very well end up in the SB?? Broncos when healthy are better than the Bengals too IMO.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:54 am

Peyton puts up an NFL-record worst passer rating the same day he breaks Favre's record. Odd. But the doubts about Denver early on were "Peyton won't make it to the end of the season healthy" and now we see he's entering the Kobe Zone.

The Cards look sharp, but as Seattle showed, a couple mistakes can cost you the game if you're not careful. Glad to see Carson showing the league what he can do but why was he so crappy in Oakland?

Speaking of my Raiders . . doesn't look like it's our season to turn the corner just yet -- the way we played vs. Minnesota showed we have more room for improvement. I put the loss on Carr and our offensive play-calling.

Cam Newton for MVP?
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:12 pm

Rev

I would love to see Cam win MVP but I bet the league gives it to PRETTY BOY TOM especially if the Patriots go like 15-1 or 14-2. I think Peyton can still play well in spurts and really doesn't need to dominate because Denver has an awesome Defense. The Broncos are hinting around at resting him now in certain games until the Playoffs. He is missing this week because of a foot injury though. KC put it on the Broncos this past Sunday and Peyton played bad but the Broncos didn't have Talib or Ware playing either. That is 2 of their 3 best Defensive players.
3Peatkb24

Postby NuggetsCountry » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:44 pm

I would give it to Rivers! He has zero receivers, a third string/waiver wire line, no defense, and no running game! Yet he is still on path to set all-time NFL records, somehow!?!!! I have no idea how he does it with that strange delivery he has, but he is a gamer! I want 53 guys like him on any team I have! :clapping2:

I know nobody would give it him, based on the team record, which is bull shit, in my mind, just like Kobe got fucked outta at least 2 more MVPs. :pissedkobe:
:clapping2:
BSPN makes up and hypes their new criteria each year for whaterver award they are hyping for their chosen one. I got very weary of that BS years ago, when I still lived in San Diego.

:geezer: :soapbox:
Image :yeahthat:
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

{ IMAGES }: 7

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:23 pm

NuggetsCountry wrote:I would give it to Rivers! He has zero receivers, a third string/waiver wire line, no defense, and no running game! Yet he is still on path to set all-time NFL records, somehow!?!!! I have no idea how he does it with that strange delivery he has, but he is a gamer! I want 53 guys like him on any team I have! :clapping2:

I know nobody would give it him, based on the team record, which is bull shit, in my mind, just like Kobe got fucked outta at least 2 more MVPs. :pissedkobe:

BSPN makes up and hypes their new criteria each year for whaterver award they are hyping for their chosen one. I got very weary of that BS years ago, when I still lived in San Diego.
:clapping2:
:geezer: :soapbox:

Don't feel bad Nuggs, I always feel like the Colts get screwed in big games regarding borderline calls. Being a small market the REFS, BSPN, NFL Network want no part of Indy even being in the equation. I know this by just watching games and the way those networks talk about the Colts. After the Texans won last night the BSPN people kept saying FIRST PLACE TEXANS! That is wrong, Colts own the tiebreaker and are technically still in first. I haven't trusted the REFS ever since the Pats got away with holding Marvin and Reggie all damn game in the 2003 Final 4. I knew then it would take an act of God even for Peyton to get a Ring. Yeah we won 1 Ring but should've had 3 or 4. Regarding Luck, yes there are some Luck lovers regarding the media but a lot like to see him fail because he was the #1 pick. RG3 winning Rookie of the Year was a bunch of horseshit and hype, the media didn't even give that to Luck and all Luck did was set the Rookie record for most Pass Yards and took a 2-14 team to 11-5. RG3 was 9-6 and didn't have half the fucking Yards that Luck had passing and Luck had more TD's as well, explain that one? Too Rivers, he is 5th in TD's with 19 and 2nd in Yards with 3033, having a great season individually but if a team doesn't make the Playoffs they have no chance at MVP. There aren't many QB's I would take over Rivers as I have mentioned in the past. He is definitely Top 10 in todays league. I am not saying this to get into another debate with Mr Tate as things have been nice and quiet in here for a few days but everyone can see that Russell Wilson isn't Great when his Defense plays like garbage. I still think he's Good but the year he won the SB it was his Defense and Lynch leading the way mainly. Wilson just played smart and didn't make the huge mistakes but he cant carry a team by himself as proven this season. Luck has carried the Colts every year he has been in the league and has a 38-23 record to back up his resume and in his 61 starts has had only 1 time where a rusher as rushed over 100 Yards, no joke, 1 time to back up my point. Put Luck or Rivers on the 2013 Seahawks, they would have a Ring and I have no doubt about that!
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:29 pm

The young guns winning % per starts/based on number of wins per games, QB's drafted since 2011 or after (2011-2015) 35 starts to qualify:

1. Russell Wilson 46-19 70.8% (65 starts)
2. Andrew Luck 38-23 62.3% (61 starts)
3. Andy Dalton 47-28-1 61.8% (76 starts)
4. Colin Kaepernick 31-22 58.5% (53 starts)
5. Cam Newton 40-33-1 54.1% (74 starts)
6. Ryan Tannehill 27-30 47.4% (57 starts)
7. RG3 14-22 38.9% (36 starts)

SEE TATE BEFORE YOU RIP ME FOR MY POST ABOVE - THE ONE BEFORE THIS ONE, I POINTED OUT YOUR GUY IS #1 AND MINE IS #2 REGARDING WINNING % out of the QB's drafted since 2011. I think 35 starts is needed is why I posted that as that is a little over 2 seasons and gives us an idea on how the QB is probably going to be. Wilson is a Great leader but the Defenses he has had + having Lynch has been such a luxury IMO, cant see how that isn't a fact nor should I get ripped for that comment.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:41 pm

Colin Kaepernick put on IR, season over. I knew once Harbaugh left that team would completely fall apart. They have guys retiring, Kaep hasn't played right, etc.. If the Colts flame out in the Playoffs or for some silly reason fail to make the Playoffs I would do everything in my power to lure Harbaugh away from Michigan to be here in Indianapolis if I was Irsay. He is loved in Indy and was the QB here taking the Colts to a Final 4 in 1995. I think he and Luck together would have a Great 5 year run or so, maybe longer. Harbaugh Coached Luck at Stanford too. I would give Harbaugh the full keys, Coach and GM with Luck as my QB. I would bet my life savings if Harbaugh becomes the Colts Head Coach they will win a SB within the next 3 seasons.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:39 pm

tate793 wrote:Looks like Jameis Winston, Cam Newton and Russell Wilson had the upper hand today in their big wins.

Cam Newton might win MVP. 10-0!
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:37 pm

Colts won to get to 5-5 and still lead the AFC South by having the tiebreaker over the 5-5 Texans. I am proud of Matt Hasselbeck filling in nicely for Andrew and hats off to the Defense today creating key Turnovers and Jackson getting that key pick6! Vinatieri is money when the game is on the line.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:54 am

We might as well just give the Patriots the Championship, cheaters prosper I guess. They are ruining a league that has great parity other than them and it's not even worth watching because they will probably go 19-0. I have already faced reality. I cant see anyone beating that team. The Colts have really disappointed me more than anyone because they loaded up with some nice Free Agents signings but Andre Johnson who has sucked ass all season decided all of the sudden he doesn't want to play. Hell the Colts would've been better off keeping Reggie Wayne for cheap for 1 more year. Peyton is out for who knows how long too for the Broncos and I have absolutely zero confidence in Carolina or Arizona beating the Patriots in a SB situation, I mean zero. I honestly think I hate the Patriots in this era more than the Celtics of the 80's and Bulls of the 90's. The Patriots have prevented the Colts from winning the AFC on 3 different occasions = 2003, 2004, and 2014. At least the Lakers got the better of the Celtics in the 80's. The Bulls in the 90's just didn't have an equal much like the Patriots now and it's just old. So glad Eli and the Giants beat them twice in the SB or otherwise we would be looking at a team that would be entering Bill Russell material.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:02 pm

Patriots can ball all regular season, as long as Eli Manning teams can stop him I'll never credit them the Superbowl.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:08 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Patriots can ball all regular season, as long as Eli Manning teams can stop him I'll never credit them the Superbowl.

I cant stand them Rev, they have been to the Colts what the Celtics were to the Lakers in the 60's. It's absolutely frustrating. They are loaded and have been since the 2001 Season. Coach and QB and then they just plug in parts and it works no matter what. Colts did beat them once being 2006 but 1 time in 15 years is very frustrating. Colts could possibly have 4 SB wins if it wasn't for those cheaters. Luck would've been in the SB last season had they played anyone else.
3Peatkb24

Postby Julius Russell » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:36 pm

Pats vs Panthers?
Julius Russell

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:06 pm

It's gonna take an amazing defensive effort on every series to knock off the Patriots. They do everything at such a high level and for all the negative press they've somewhat rightly earned, Belicheck and Brady have been as much of a force as Walsh and Montana. That being said I like what Ron Rivera's got going in Charlotte and I'd like to see young Cam get the MVP and a shot at the Lombardi Trophy.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:54 pm

lakerevolution wrote:It's gonna take an amazing defensive effort on every series to knock off the Patriots. They do everything at such a high level and for all the negative press they've somewhat rightly earned, Belicheck and Brady have been as much of a force as Walsh and Montana. That being said I like what Ron Rivera's got going in Charlotte and I'd like to see young Cam get the MVP and a shot at the Lombardi Trophy.

What is amazing about the Panthers is they are so fundamentally sound and their Defense is stifling. They remind of the Seahawks in 2013 from their Defense to QB play, and their Coaching. Cam is 11-0 without the running attack Wilson has had though. Wilson always had Lynch to fall back on when things got tough. One reason why Cam possibly deserves MVP as he doesn't have a Lynch. Cam doesn't have eye popping stats like Brady does so that may cost him the MVP and Brady may win it based on Stats and having a similar record. Brady is 1st in Passing Yards and Cam is 16th in Passing Yards and his 57% completion rating is among the worse in the league. Cam really didn't even have to do much yesterday as his Defense gave him 2 Pick6's. Having said that 11-0 is 11-0 and all most people really look at in the end is wins/losses.
3Peatkb24

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk