The NFL - Are you ready for some football?

Re: The NFL - Are you ready for some football?

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:34 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
tate793 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:
Yeah to me Peyton is like Wilt Chamberlain. The most dominant force individually in his sport. 55 TD's and almost 5500 Yards passing in a season is unheard of, so is 5 League MVP's in Football. Kareem won 6 League MVP's but in Football it's almost impossible to win more than 4 over a whole career and he won 5. I think if you combine his Stats, Overall Wins, 5 League MVP's, SB MVP, and his Playoff record now being over .500 and 2 SB wins he is in the Top 3 without question. If I was starting a franchise I would take him over anyone though as long as he didn't stick his ass in my face "lol4: Really only Montana and Brady have been arguably better career wise. I am not buying Bradshaw, look at his stats and every team he played on had a stacked Defense. Same for Aikman, Aikman IMO played on the greatest teams of all-time and his Stats are Average. Aikman never won any League MVP's either, Emmitt Smith was the machine that made that team go and Michael Irvin was the leader of that team! Their Offensive Lines from 1992-1995 were the best of All-Time, Aikman had 4 to 5 seconds to throw on most downs, most QB's get like 2 to 3. Cowboys had 0 weaknesses on Offense or Defense. The only 4 QB's in NFL history that have had more SB wins over Peyton are Montana, Brady, Bradshaw, and Aikman. Only 4 have been better winners in the SB era. Statistically and League MVP wise nobody has been better than Peyton.

3Peat said:
Peyton didn't lose the game with a dumb Turnover, he did his part. I agree the Defense won that game more than Peyton but Peyton has carried teams his whole career. It's about time he had a Defense to help win the Big one. Bradshaw's lifetime Stats = 212 TD's/210 INT's and under 30,000 Yards passing. No thanks, I would rather have Peyton. I honestly believe if Jim Plunkett played for those Steelers teams he could've won 4 SB's with that team, he won 2 with what he had with the Raiders. That is how stacked the Steelers were.

4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:49 pm

tate793 wrote:Peyton literally sucked in SB 50.

ATT/COMP (%) YARDS TD/INT YPA QB RATING

13/23 (56.5) 141 0/1 6.13 56.6

Yeah but it's 1 game. How many times has Peyton been Great in Playoff games but the Colts still lost and everyone blamed him anyway? I would say at least 6 or 7 times easily that I can remember off the top of my head. Peyton was Great against the Ravens in 2012 but he still lost, wasn't his fault but everyone piled on him yet the Ravens won basically because of a hailmary by Joe Flacco that sent the game into OT. Ravens went on to win the SB that season as well. Bradshaw was carried by his team more times than not in the Playoffs. Big Ben stunk it up in SuperBowl 40 and so did Tom Brady in SuperBowl 36 against the Rams. That stuff happens. At least Peyton didn't lose the game is all I am saying. He could've, because it was close until the Broncos scored that last TD. I was sort of pleased with that game because for once Peyton didn't have to throw for 300 Yards and 3 TD's for his team to win. By the way Peyton also outplayed Tom Brady in the Championship Game which to me was the real SB. I knew once the Broncos won that, that they would win the SB. Carolina is Very Good and Cam is Very Good but I thought people were really overrating that team all season. The Colts had them beat in Carolina with Andrew playing injured, barely losing in OT. I thought the Panthers got lucky a bunch all season. I bet they don't win 12 games next season. They also just lost Josh Norman which is a huge loss to their Defense. Watch how the Broncos are without Peyton, even with that Great Defense I bet they don't win more than 11 games and wont even sniff the SB.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:59 pm

tate793 wrote:Do you remember the Cow Palace?

Tate, I went to the Purple Rain concert at the Cow palace in 1985. I haven't been to anything there in eons, but:

The idea for the arena was originally conceived as the result of the popularity of the livestock pavilion at the 1915 Panama-Pacific International Exposition. Newspaper records show that the name "Cow Palace" was used as early as May 1935.

The arena opened in April 1941. During World War II, though, the arena was used for processing soldiers bound for the Pacific Theater. In the following years, it hosted countless hockey and basketball games, wrestling and boxing matches, concerts, roller derby and political events.

The arena seats 11,089 for ice hockey and 12,953 for basketball. When the Warriors played there its basketball capacity was just over 15,000. It has also been the home of the annual Grand National Rodeo, Horse & Stock Show since 1941 (except for a break from 1942 to 1945 due to World War II). The venue hosted the 1960 men's NCAA basketball Final Four and the 1967 NBA All-Star Game. Sesame Street Live has been held at the Cow Palace since the early 1980s, as has Champions on Ice. In recent years the Cow Palace has been the Bay Area stop for the Cirque du Soleil.

The San Francisco Warriors called the Cow Palace home from 1962 to 1964 and from 1966 to 1971. The franchise then moved across the bay to the new Oakland Coliseum Arena (now Oracle Arena) and changed their name to the Golden State Warriors.

The 1967 NBA Finals between" THE CITY" Warriors and the Philadelphia 76ers saw three games held at the Cow Palace. The two NBA Finals games hosted by the Warriors in their 1974-75 championship season were also held at the Cow Palace because of other events at the Oakland Coliseum - which means last year's title was Oakland's first.

On August 19, 1964, The Beatles opened their first North American concert tour playing at the Cow Palace. They also played two shows at the arena on August 31, 1965, their 10th and final stop on their 1965 North American tour.

The Jackson 5 played their second concert at the Cow Palace, June 19, 1970.

During a November 20, 1973 concert by The Who, their drummer Keith Moon passed out from an overdose of horse tranquilizers. A fan of the band, Scot Halpin, completed the group's set that evening.

The Rolling Stones played the Cow Palace July 15–16, 1975

Kiss and Cheap Trick played the Cow Palace on August 16, 1977. Kiss dedicated "Rock and Roll All Nite" to Elvis Presley who had died that day. Elvis himself had performed here over two consecutive nights during the previous November, towards the end of his fall tour of 1976.

In February 1979, Neil Diamond fell onstage and couldn't get up. Less than two days later, he underwent 14 hours of delicate surgery, to remove a nonmalignant tumor, located dangerously close to his spine.

The Jacksons performed at the Cow Palace on September 17, 1981 during their Triumph Tour.

It was the site of both the 1956 Republican National Convention and the 1964 Republican National Convention. During the 1960s and 1970s, the SF Examiner Games, a world-class indoor track and field meet, was held annually at the Cow Palace. Additionally it hosted the Bay Bombers of the Roller Derby; the Derby's world championship playoffs were held at the Cow Palace every fall beginning from 1959 through 1973, when the organization was disbanded. From 1966 until 1999, the Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey Circus visited the Cow Palace, joined in later years by what is now Disney on Ice; both events are now held at Oracle Arena.

Aaaaaand . . . .

The Cow Palace has a Daly City address, and except for the very northwest corner of the parking lot which is across the San Francisco border, it lies entirely within Daly City.

Isn't the internet great? I feel like I watched a 10-minute documentary on the Cow Palace.

Of course, I didn't become a Bay Area resident until the early 1980s, when the Lakers were already the hottest shit on the streets, and Nike hadn't quite wanted everyone to "Be Like Mike" yet, and the Warriors weren't exactly the hot ticket in town . . matter of fact behind the always-entertaining Raiders (who would soon move to L.A.), the powerhouse 49ers and the talented and dangerous Athletics of that era, Golden State was mostly a Globetrotter-like sideshow that never seemed to find the right combination of players and staff to get out of the cellar of the pacific. Even during the late-80's/early 90's short run of winning records and playoff appearances (in which they never stuck around too long, usually getting rudely eliminated by us, ha ha), they always finished at or near the bottom of the Division standings. These so-called old school die-hard Warrior fans in the Bay who recall these years as "the special ones" don't have too much really to speak of. But you know how pride works.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:16 am

Tom Brady suspended for the first 4 games this upcoming season. It's final. It got reversed! So I guess since he's found guilty of cheating and the team he cheated against was Andrew Luck and Indy, should the Colts be awarded the AFC Championship? Should the league put an * by the Patriots SB win, they did beat the Seahawks fair and square but they cheated the Colts. I don't care if the score would've been 100-0 (I know they beat the Colts 45-7), but they are now proven cheaters. Justice has been served baby! Justice has been served.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun May 22, 2016 7:29 am

Indianapolis Colts history 1984-2015

With the first pick of the 1998 Draft, the Colts select Peyton Manning! Thank God is my reaction! Mel Kiper, Joe Theisman, and Chris Berman all said it was 50/50 going in between Peyton and Ryan Leaf. You cant go wrong with either they said :roflmao:. With the first pick of the 2012 Draft the Colts select Andrew Luck, well I guess us podunk hicks have brains because RG3 is an injury bust, that's twice we didn't listen to the media. RG3 went 2nd to the Skins and he is no longer there. The Colts also traded for guys like Eric Dickerson in 1987, got Jim Harbaugh in Free Agency entering the 1994 Season, and drafted other players like Marshall Faulk, Marvin Harrison, Edge James, Reggie Wayne, Bob Sanders, Dwight Freeney, and Robert Mathis in their history and also gave a player by the name of Jeff Saturday a chance to play by picking him up in Free Agency in 1999. Since 1984 when the Colts moved to Indy we have won 1 SB which we are CHAMPS (2006), been to 2 SB's (2006/2009), 5 Final 4's (1995/2003/2006/2009/2014) and have had 11 Regular Seasons where we have won 11 or more games in (1999/2003/2004/2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2012/2013/2014). The standard in Indy is at least 11 wins (11-5 to me is a contending type season) which gets you in the Playoffs 99% of the time and a Final 4 at worse. 10 wins or less is PODUNK, not making a Final 4 is PODUNK. Win 11 or more and go deep in the Playoffs or don't show your face is most of our fans motto actually. You cant always win the SB so I wont put that expectation on my Colts and a lot of our fans dont. Even the Patriots went from the 2005 Season - 2014 Season before winning another SB so you cant always win it all. Indianapolis Colts Mt Rushmore should be Peyton Manning/Eric Dickerson/Bob Sanders/Marvin Harrison. Without Bob, the Colts don't win the SB in 2006. He also won DPOY in 2007! No other Indianapolis Colt has ever won Defensive Player of the Year! If I didn't mention HeadCoach Tony Dungy I would be a fool so as my final comment he went 85-27 = 75.9% winnings as a Head Coach in the Regular Season from 2002-2008 and became the first African American HeadCoach to win the SB in the 2006 Season!
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:09 am

RIP Buddy Ryan, passed away at 82. This has been a bad morning! He was famously known for being the Defensive coordinator of the 1985 Chicago Bears who went 18-1 and won SB20.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:57 pm

Andrew Luck just signed a 5 yr extension worth 123 Mill a year. Basically over the next 6 seasons he will make 140 Mill as he still has 1 year left on his current contract. The Colts have him locked up through the 2021 Season. The contract is also very Cap friendly despite the huge amount Andrew will make. Mainly because in 2 or 3 more years the market value for Top 10 QB's will go way up. Andrew basically will be making 23.3 Mill a year over the next 6 seasons. I have been reading within a couple of years the market value for top tier QB's will be at least 25 Mill a year. Irsay got his man and it was a Cap friendly deal for the Colts. Andrew is extremely thrilled with his contract eventhough he actually could've had a bigger/better deal by what I have been reading. This deal still makes him the highest paid player in the league as of now. Andrew Luck key stats and accomplishments through 4 seasons:
35-20 Regular Season record as a starter
3-3 Playoff record as a starter and 1 Championship Game appearance
101 TD passes, only 3 other QB's in NFL history have thrown for more TD's in their first 4 seasons
Threw for 40 TD's in 1 season (2014), only 7 other different QB's in NFL history have throw for 40 or more TD's in 1 season
Still holds the Rookie record for most Yards thrown in a season (2012) = 4374 Yards
-I honestly think his greatest accomplishment so far is taking a team that was 2-14 to 11-5 and a Playoff berth his Rookie Season with basically 70% of the Roster being new and the Coaching staff being new. The Colts were garbage that season with the exception of Reggie Wayne, Robert Mathis, Vonte Davis, Adam Vinatieri, and Pat McAfee + TY Hilton who was Rookie that happened to pan out. The rest of that Roster had names I never even heard of. The O.Line was the worse in the league. 2 of their best players were the Kicker and Punter!
3Peatkb24

Postby NuggetsCountry » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:28 pm

Trying to decide whether Chargers are worth a NFL Season Pass or not...................
Image :yeahthat:
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

{ IMAGES }: 7

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:36 pm

NuggetsCountry wrote:Trying to decide whether Chargers are worth a NFL Season Pass or not...................

Colts signing Andrew is a huge relief because you never know what a player might do until he signs on the dotted line or what his agent is thinking. The Chargers are a strange team to figure out. They potentially could be Good or Bad?? I am not sold on Joey Bosa either. He looks slow to me after watching him at the combine. So I am not sure what kind of Pass Rusher he will be in the Pro's. You still have Phillip Rivers so making the Playoffs isn't out of the question. I would get Season Pass if I were you because they cant be worse than last season. Peyton is retired too so that Division is wide open.
3Peatkb24

Postby NuggetsCountry » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:38 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
NuggetsCountry wrote:Trying to decide whether Chargers are worth a NFL Season Pass or not...................

Colts signing Andrew is a huge relief because you never what a player might do until he signs on the dotted line or what his agent is thinking. The Chargers are a strange team to figure out. They potentially could be good or bad?? I am not sold on Joey Bosa either. He looks slow to me after watching him in the combine. So I am not sure what kind of Pass Rusher he will be in the Pro's. You still have Phillip Rivers so making the Playoffs isn't out of the question.

yeah, but their O & D lines have sucked with injuries and such for 3 years..................dunno.............
Image :yeahthat:
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

{ IMAGES }: 7

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:42 pm

NuggetsCountry wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:

Colts signing Andrew is a huge relief because you never what a player might do until he signs on the dotted line or what his agent is thinking. The Chargers are a strange team to figure out. They potentially could be good or bad?? I am not sold on Joey Bosa either. He looks slow to me after watching him in the combine. So I am not sure what kind of Pass Rusher he will be in the Pro's. You still have Phillip Rivers so making the Playoffs isn't out of the question.

yeah, but their O & D lines have sucked with injuries and such for 3 years..................dunno.............

I know how you feel, that has been Indy's problem as well. The O.Line has stunk and cant stay healthy. Luck nearly got killed last season! Your Division is wide open though because Peyton is retired and who knows how the Raiders or Chiefs will play? Those teams look Good on paper but tend to be hot and cold.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:58 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:Andrew Luck just signed a 5 yr extension worth 123 Mill a year. Basically over the next 6 seasons he will make 140 Mill as he still has 1 year left on his current contract. The Colts have him locked up through the 2021 Season. The contract is also very Cap friendly despite the huge amount Andrew will make. Mainly because in 2 or 3 more years the market value for Top 10 QB's will go way up. Andrew basically will be making 23.3 Mill a year over the next 6 seasons. I have been reading within a couple of years the market value for top tier QB's will be at least 25 Mill a year. Irsay got his man and it was a Cap friendly deal for the Colts. Andrew is extremely thrilled with his contract eventhough he actually could've had a bigger/better deal by what I have been reading. This deal still makes him the highest paid player in the league as of now. Andrew Luck key stats and accomplishments through 4 seasons:
101 TD passes, only 3 other QB's in NFL history have thrown for more TD's in their first 4 seasons
Threw for 40 TD's in 1 season (2014), only 7 other different QB's in NFL history have throw for 40 or more TD's in 1 season
Still holds the Rookie record for most Yards thrown in a season (2012) = 4374 Yards
-I honestly think his greatest accomplishment so far is taking a team that was 2-14 to 11-5 and a Playoff berth his Rookie Season with basically 70% of the Roster being new and the Coaching staff being new. The Colts were garbage that season with the exception of Reggie Wayne, Robert Mathis, Vonte Davis, Adam Vinatieri, and Pat McAfee + TY Hilton who was Rookie that happened to pan out. The rest of that Roster had names I never even heard of. The O.Line was the worse in the league. 2 of their best players were the Kicker and Punter!

One thing I forgot to add to this, he has never once been in trouble with the law either or been of accused of any wrong doing of any kind in his life. He doesn't showboat or have a tattooed covered body which to me is ugly as fuck when you are a supposed to be a professional of any kind, he had a high GPA in college at Stanford and he never even did anything stupid as a college kid either like steal or cheat. Just a great person all-around/ GO COLTS! I think he has the potential to be one of the best ever, Tommy Boy has maybe only 2 or 3 years left in his tank, Peyton is retired, Rodgers is much older than Andrew as well. I cant wait for fucking Football! My QB will be back and ready!
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:32 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:Andrew Luck just signed a 5 yr extension worth 123 Mill a year. Basically over the next 6 seasons he will make 140 Mill as he still has 1 year left on his current contract. The Colts have him locked up through the 2021 Season. The contract is also very Cap friendly despite the huge amount Andrew will make. Mainly because in 2 or 3 more years the market value for Top 10 QB's will go way up. Andrew basically will be making 23.3 Mill a year over the next 6 seasons. I have been reading within a couple of years the market value for top tier QB's will be at least 25 Mill a year. Irsay got his man and it was a Cap friendly deal for the Colts. Andrew is extremely thrilled with his contract eventhough he actually could've had a bigger/better deal by what I have been reading. This deal still makes him the highest paid player in the league as of now. Andrew Luck key stats and accomplishments through 4 seasons:

One thing I forgot to add to this, he has never once been in trouble with the law either or been of accused of any wrong doing of any kind in his life. He doesn't showboat or have a tattooed covered body which to me is ugly as fuck when you are a supposed to be a professional of any kind, he had a high GPA in college at Stanford and he never even did anything stupid as a college kid either like steal or cheat. Just a great person all-around/ GO COLTS! I think he has the potential to be one of the best ever, Tommy Boy has maybe only 2 or 3 years left in his tank, Peyton is retired, Rodgers is much older than Andrew as well. I cant wait for fucking Football! My QB will be back and ready!

3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:37 am

Tom Brady's appeal gets denied by the courts and as of now has to serve his 4 game suspension to start the NFL season. So he gets caught cheating and found guilty of it and didn't cooperate with an investigation after it happened, does this affect his legacy? Of course they still probably would've beat the Colts in the Championship Game because they were simply a better team but that has nothing to do with Tom cheating and not cooperating with the investigation that followed. He has made the NFL look bad and crapped on the integrity of the game. How's this for a stat, I bet you guys don't know that the Patriots didn't fumble 1 time all season long in 2014 at home. They are only the 3rd team in NFL history to accomplish this. I wonder why? Makes you wonder how long they have been deflating balls, has it been for years, etc.. A little football makes it much easier to tuck and hold on too for a RB, WR, and QB. Is he still a Top 5 QB of all-time, I would say yes but I have my questions about how much the Pats have cheated over the years but he is in there with Montana, Unitas, Peyton, Elway until I have more proof if it comes out regarding the length of their cheating. Some may laugh at the fact that a deflated football doesn't make that much of a difference but it actually does when it comes to catching a pass and fumbling. Destroying a Cell phone really looks good too during an investigation :roflmao: If this had been a criminal case that would've been Obstruction of Justice.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:12 pm

Ok I am bored sitting here at work as I am working a Post in an empty building doing a fire watch tonight making nearly 20 dollars an hour LOL. So here are my early projections as to who will win each Division and who will make the Playoffs. I am usually decent with these predictions as I am predicting the SB winner like when I had the Broncos winning it all last season entering the Playoffs.

AFC
AFC East - Patriots. I think without Brady for the 1st 4 games they go 2-2 but once he returns I cant see that team doing no worse than 11-5. If they start 2-2 it will cost them HFA IMO though which is crucial for them.
AFC South - Colts. This will be a bounce back seqason for Luck and company. I can see the Colts going 10-6.
AFC North - Steelers. I think they will be the #1 Seed in the AFC at 12-4. Very loaded Offense.
AFC West - ?. This Division will be the most entertaining in Football. With Peyton retired it's wide open. The Raiders are much improved and the Chiefs are definitely a 10 win team, also Phillip Rivers is always dangerous for the Chargers. I don't see anyone in this Division with a losing record. If I had to lean toward picking a Division winner it would be the Chiefs at 10-6 and I have the Raiders and Broncos both 10-6 as well with Chiefs getting the tiebreaker. Chargers will be 8-8 at worse.

Playoff teams = Steelers 1 Seed 12-4, Patriots 2 Seed 11-5, Colts 3 Seed 10-6, Chiefs 4 Seed 10-6, Raiders 5 Seed (Wildcard) 10-6, Broncos 6 Seed (Wildcard) 10-6. Out from last season are the Bengals and Texans, in are the Colts and Raiders. Usually 1 or 2 different teams make the Playoffs in each Conference that didn't from the season before. I still think the Broncos get in because of their Defense mainly, they can still win 10 games. Yes folks I have the Raiders led by Carr making the Playoffs. Rev, Craig, and Tate can think me later but it will happen!

NFC
NFC East - Cowboys
NFC South - Panthers
NFC North - Packers
NFC West - Cardinals

Playoff teams = Packers 1 Seed 13-3, Cowboys 2 Seed 11-5, Panthers 3 Seed 11-5, Cardinals 4 Seed 11-5, Seahawks 5 Seed (Wildcard) 11-5, Vikings 6 Seed 10-6 (Wildcard). I like the Cards again in the West getting the tiebreaker over the Seahawks. Look out for the Cowboys this season as Romo will be back and healthy and the RB they Drafted in Elliott looks like the next Adrian Peterson. I can see them bouncing back in a huge way! Panthers had their 1 glory season by going 15-1, don't expect that again but they will still win their Division but wont sniff 15-1 again. Out from last season are the Redskins, in are the Cowboys.

Overall I think the Steelers and Packers play in SB 51 with Rodgers getting Ring #2. He is due. A rematch of SB 45.
3Peatkb24

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk