Through 48 games! 9-39

Through 48 games! 9-39

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:45 pm

What is everyone's honest assessment of our team so far? 48 games in and 9-39. Opinion of Russell? Opinion of Randle? Opinion of Nance? Opinion of Clarky? Should we part ways with Roy? What do you guys hope for in Free Agency? Do you guys hope for Ben Simmons? Should Byron keep his job for another year or be fired? Just some questions I would like to hear from our TrueLakersFans panel in here.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Re: Through 48 games! 9-39

Postby NuggetsCountry » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:55 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:What is everyone's honest assessment of our team so far? 48 games in and 9-39. Opinion of Russell? Opinion of Randle? Opinion of Nance? Opinion of Clarky? Should we part ways with Roy? What do you guys hope for in Free Agency? Do you guys hope for Ben Simmons? Should Byron keep his job for another year or be fired? Just some questions I would like to hear from our TrueLakersFans panel in here.

I am probably done thinking about it, after this year. Kobe will be gone and until the ownership does something drastic, my angst is better spent elsewhere.

Most of the rooks and 2 years players are destined to be rotation backups, IMO. (None of them will be as good as a guy like Harrison Barnes, for example - a rotation/backup layer on a good team.) Clarkson is my gem, frankly, along with Nance, but do they really equate to a ring chase. I don't see it. I tire of watching a substandard product, and like I see mentioned in Tate's evaluation, the past 3-5 years of wasted GOAT-Kobe has been demoralizing for this fan. I don't even care anymore if there is a Laker game on, night to night.

I think Byron has done OK (about as good as anybody could) with what he has from the ownership and player standpoint. The AAUing of the NBA has ruined it for us Basketball 101 types. I am with Pop on why not just turn it into a Globetrotters type exhibition game with 5 and 7 point shots! Get out the bucket full of paper strips! Nobody plays real defense anymore. The constant helping on players like a stiff such as Hibbert is frustrating for me. We had to play defense on our man one-on-one or else sit the pine, back-in-the-day, which was from Jr. High to the pros. That is gone. Now everyone helps on all players, no matter how shit they are, which leaves wide ass open shots all over the place, which is why exhibition players like Curry get easy shots.

I don't know why happened to Hibbert, but he has to go, as his vertical is under 4" and slow as a turtle on the court. Old song, but, Kelly+Sacre are a waste of time. They look like autodrafted fantasy team players with a manager who didn't throw them back on the waiver wire!! I mean there are literally hundreds of NBA players like them out there who are better! Treading water until Kobe retires has worn thin, even for me, a Kobe worshipper. I mean watching Kobe try to get 10 points a game is difficult and now boring to me. I DVR every game now, and rarely watch a whole game in regular speed. Most I just delete after I look at the box score. Kinda like watching yet another boring political debate, these days............

I think it may be time to sell the team and start over with new front office energy to attract some FAs, and soon! The Busses who are left are not Jerryish, and maybe that time has sailed anyway.
:icantlook:
Image :yeahthat:
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

{ IMAGES }: 7

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:55 am

It is what it is. We have young players, a Kobe Bryant who I never imagined would freefall this far talentwise (let's face it, he's simply not good anymore in this league) and a bunch of journeymen/shitty (Nick Young, Roy Hibbert, Robert Sacre, Ryan Kelly, MWP) to average (Lou Williams, Brandon Bass) talent one way veterans who generally shoot for low percentages. We stink, but we're supposed to stink because we are rebuilding and young teams, especially ones that are completely devoid of superstars, don't win in this league.

What is probably true is that free agents didn't come here because of Kobe .. not because they didn't like or didn't want to play with Kobe .. but because he was aging which reduced the potential newcomers' chances of winning NOW. With Kobe gone and a young developing core that leaves a lot of cap space, perhaps there's some form of an AAU-style Heatles situation out there for us. I can't stand this new style of team forming, but if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

As for the yutes, they all have rotation player potential. Randle and Russell are still in diapers, but anyone who knows anything about the NBA can see their potential, and Clarkson is already getting it. He needs to refine his shot and improve his defense. Nance is going to be a player in this league and it is hard to say what Anthony Brown will be, although he fits that "3 and D" prototype that's all the rage these days.

I hope we lose out and get the overall #1 pick. It would be a wonderful parting gift from Kobe.

Go Sixers!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:48 am

Here's my breakdown of things through 48 games which is a decent sample size at 9-39:
*Russell = Has been Average to Above Average, nothing special so far but he is a rookie and still in diapers.

*Randle = Has been Average to Above Average, nothing special. I expected a little more out of him than I did Russell actually just because he had the experience of being a Laker last season. I know he was injured last season but I still expected more out of him than I did Russell.

*Nance = I cant rank him better than a Above Average player but I like the way he potentially looks by the eye test to maybe become a Good player in this league.

*Clarky = Our best player IMO. Having said that he is only Good though, not Very Good or Great. Still I love his effort every night and he is Good.

*Big Roy = I am very disappointed in him. I thought a change of scenery would revitalize him but it hasn't. HIs 2012/2013 days are far gone. We need to cut ties with him at the end of the season IMO.

*Lou Williams = A Good player, our 2nd best behind Clarky.

*Brandon Bass = Just not working out, wasted pickup IMO. He and Roy both need to go along with Sacre and Kelly!

*Byron Scott = I would let him Coach 1 more season just to see if we can improve, if we stink next season he needs to go because that would be 3 lousy seasons in a row with him. 3 seasons is a lot of leash.

*Free Agency = Hoping we can land someone at least Good to Very Good. I know Derozan could be a possibility for example but probably a long shot. He would help. Durant is a real long shot but that would be the jackpot!

*Draft = IMO, only Ben Simmons can make a difference quickly. The other players I don't trust panning out.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:48 pm

I also believe that we should revamp the front office. Mitch should step down, Jim Buss should step aside and they should promote Ryan West to GM and hire a progressive thinking young coach. I'm not going to play any blame games because I think that we are pretty much where we would have been regardless of what has happened (Kobe's contract aside). In other words, the natural cycle of things with our "all in" approach to the last 2 chips combined with the CBA and our capped out roster made losing an inevitability. The retospectoscope has basically confirmed that we should have done what Danny Ainge did, but unless and until they get to the top again, even that might not prove to be true.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:50 pm

tate793 wrote:As Nuggs said, there needs to be a revamp, overhaul, etc at the top. The FO needs a new look and a new attitude. The snub by FAs has as much to do with the FO (dismal coaching choices, questionable draft pick, poor off-season maneuvering and inability to make mid season adjustments as it is about anything to do with playing the game. Jim Buss should be nervous right about now. His ineptness and lack of any substantial amount of basketball acumen is hurting the club. Additionally, Jeanie's ax is poised and he knows it. Today's agents, players and media are on top of the goings on in the FOs around the league, and, play an integral part in the choices FAs make.

We are a mess, that would've summed up your Post in just a few words :waaaaa:
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:28 pm

The Lakers will be the best team in the NBA again, and I will be there to represent as a True Fan. That is all.
lakerevolution

Return to LakerTalk