Shaq to get a Statue!

Shaq to get a Statue!

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:20 am

Many bitter Lakers fans felt that he should not have even had his number retired.

The truth is that it is possible that Kobe and Shaq may have never even won another chip together with both players commanding maximum contracts and the need to fill out the roster which was essentially stripped after 2004.

Shaq absolutely, unequivocally, categorically and INDUBITABLY deserves this.

The Lakers moved into Staples Center in 1999.

The Diesel, along with Kobe, led them to a 3peat immediately.

Of course he should have a statue. After all, arguably it's The House That Shaq Built.

Congrats to the Big Aristotle!!!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: Shaq to get a Statue!

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:57 am

I'm still judgmental about some of the incidents surrounding his departure, the Kobe beef, the 'ring for the king' bullshit and of course the stint with the Celtics, but yeah whatever. Magic, Chick, Jerry, Kareem, and now Shaq. I suppose expecting Big Game James to be Worthy of a statue would be a little unrealistic - about as much as expecting Kobe to get one before Shaq. Go ahead and get your props, Big Diesel. :kingclaphands: :beavis:
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:08 pm

lakerevolution wrote:I'm still judgmental about some of the incidents surrounding his departure, the Kobe beef, the 'ring for the king' bullshit and of course the stint with the Celtics, but yeah whatever. Magic, Chick, Jerry, Kareem, and now Shaq. I suppose expecting Big Game James to be Worthy of a statue would be a little unrealistic - about as much as expecting Kobe to get one before Shaq. Go ahead and get your props, Big Diesel. :kingclaphands: :beavis:

All that stuff was irrelevant because like everything else, it all boiled down to money and the future of the franchise. Dr. Buss made the right decision regardless of all the media generated shit. Shaq absolutely deserves this. Hell, if a boxer and a hockey player who didn't even bring a chip to the arena have their statues in front of Staples Center, Shaq isn't even a second thought. The guy who truly built the Mecca isn't there though and I think Jeanie should insist on one for her father .. surrounded by statues of beautiful young tenderonies, of course! Laker Girls, Playboy Bunnies, whatever!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:38 pm

Ken, I agree he deserves it. He along with Kobe was a 2 headed monster. They are arguably the best 1/2 punch ever. Shaq was the best player on the 2000 team and Lakers until Kobe really started blossom in 2001 and he had one of the most dominating seasons and Playoff run of all-time in 2000. His 3 year's in the NBA Finals from 2000-2002 were extremely dominating, his stats in those Finals are mindboggling/video game like! He is still only 1 of 2 players in NBA history to win 3 straight Finals MVP's, Jordan being the other and Shaq got all 3 with the Lakers! Congrats to my man Shaq! I will also throw in he is no doubt a Top 10 player of all-time and he had his most meaningful seasons with the Lakers.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:38 pm

Lets talk about Shaq's statue, this game stinks tonight :waaaaa:
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Return to LakerTalk