Gm 48: Bulls at Lakers GAME THREAD

Re: Gm 48: Bulls at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:32 pm

Spectacular pass by Rose! Bulls are toying with us.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby Lakers4Life » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:50 pm

Lakers 91
Bulls 114

Good thing my gun is not loaded
Lakers4Life

Postby Lakers4Life » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:29 am

Pau was and obviously still is disrespected by certain fans and Laker management. He was trade bait every year. He deserved to choose another team over us if that's what he preferred. But just don't forget, that he made us instant title contenders the moment he arrived in tinsel town. He deserves more respect for playing so great during those finals. Without him The Lakers don't win back2back chips!!

(& of course vice versa)
Lakers4Life

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:40 am

I think it's a testimony to Kobe's leadership both abstract and statistically that Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom (with some stalwart play from Andrew and Derek) went to three straight Finals and managed to win two.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:15 am

Lakers4Life wrote:Pau was and obviously still is disrespected by certain fans and Laker management. He was trade bait every year. He deserved to choose another team over us if that's what he preferred. But just don't forget, that he made us instant title contenders the moment he arrived in tinsel town. He deserves more respect for playing so great during those finals. Without him The Lakers don't win back2back chips!!

(& of course vice versa)

Without him, our last chip would still be in 2002. Lakers fans who fail to appreciate him confound me. Reggie Miller hit that theme repeatedly last night and let's not forget that he knows this town. Why on God's green earth should Pau love this fan base back? Is anyone friends with people who hate them?

On a different subject, it is pretty sad when Reggie wondered where the Lakers would get their offense from with LOU WILLIAMS out. Man, does that ever tell you how far Nick Young, er, Kobe Bryant has fallen.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby Lakers4Life » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:29 am

That is sad when sweet Lou Williams is your best player. How do we even sell out Staple Center with this squad? I guess The Force is still strong with our great franchise.
Lakers4Life

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:47 pm

Tate, it sounds like Pau's problems were with the front office more than anything. He and Kobe are still close.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:13 pm

tate793 wrote:Yep. Not so much the fans as some would have people believe. Pau has to shoulder a good portion of the blame for his play in his last 4 seasons with us, while making $19M.

His contributions to the two championships and three trips to the NBA Finals exceeded whatever the Buss family paid him. Championships are precious. You have to put things in perspective.

Oh, and Kobe is right. Pau isn't going to trash fans like you because he has too much class. Kobe, on the other hand, knows him well, so don't kid yourself.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:15 pm

Every quote I hear from Pau's own "labias" :waaaaa: is SOFT. His ultra-vague statements about whatever was troubling him after 2010 are puzzling and devoid of anything resembling a comprehension of how he disappointed millions of Laker Faithful at times and absolutely fell off as a co-leader and core contributor. Kobe's Euro-love "nice" side prevents him from shaming Pau any further than the Big Boy Pants comment -- Phil's punch in the chest really said it all. The fact that he went to Chicago and immediately regained his all-star ways reveals even more of the bullshit surrounding his last couple years in Purple and Gold.

I'm accepting it all -- Shaq's statue, Pau's rafter (if it happens) and our post-lockout nightmare spiral into madness as Kobe goes out like a slaughtered lamb. One or two clowns don't stop the Circus. I'm focused on how we're going to win two more championships before the rising Celtics get back to the Finals. They're only one superstar away from being the best team in the East.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:22 am

tate793 wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:His contributions to the two championships and three trips to the NBA Finals exceeded whatever the Buss family paid him. Championships are precious. You have to put things in perspective.

Perspective? Perspective? That's what you wanna go with? Perspective? You wanna bitch and moan about Kobe's extension, but claim that Pau's contributions to the two championships and three trips to the NBA Finals exceed whatever the Buss family paid him? What a friggin hypocrite. Kobe has contributed much, much more than Pau. "Physcian, heal thyself." Yes, put things in perspective. Who's jerseys are flying off the shelves? Whose the #3 scorer in NBA history? Who has an 81pt game? Who has an MVP, 2 Finals MVP, 3 ASG MVPs, 5 Rings and is going to his 18th ASG? But you begrudge him his $25M extension, but lather Foo Foo with "contributions". Pathetic.

I have never "bitched and moaned" about Kobe's extension. I just view it as the single biggest mistake the front office has made since the Lakers got fucked with the 2011. On the other hand, you don't give a flying fuck about the realities of the effects of the CBA and the CP3 ordeal. You make it seem that we should have been somewhere we could have never been with all those injuries and the other obvious factors (like a capped out roster with no financial flexibility).

You are the single biggest Bitcher and Moaner and Blame Gamer here and live in your little fantasy land with blinders on.

I simply pointed to a decision that virtually everyone questioned from the outset and that proved to possibly been harmful to the rebuild, but in reality, I don't think that made a difference either. In fact, if we get really lucky and land Ben Simmons, and if he turns out to be a superstar, then it will have turned out to be a stroke of .. Buss luck.

Please don't compare one mild comment I make to your incessant rants. It's unbecoming.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:42 pm

For me it has nothing to do with Kobe being much better than Pau, we all know that. We all know if Pau would've stayed in Memphis he would have 0 Rings so yes by joining the Lakers he was able to get 2 Rings mainly because of Kobe. Having said that I believe if we don't add a piece like Pau in 2008, Kobe doesn't get #4 and #5/Lakers don't get #15 and #16. Pau manned up in the 2009 and 2010 Playoffs. Championships are extremely tough to come by just ask teams like the 1997/1998 Jazz, the Pacers when they had Miller, Kings in the early 2000's, OKC now with Durant and Westbrook. None of those teams have won 1 and look at how Great they have been. We got 2 with Kobe and Pau.
3Peatkb24

Previous

Return to LakerTalk