Gm 47: Mavericks at Lakers GAME THREAD

Re: Gm 47: Mavericks Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:11 am

lakerevolution wrote:The learning curve is effin' Laguna Seca for these dudes. We simply need more playmakers, more professionals. I'd love a sit-down with Mitch right about now.

I certainly would be all ears when the phone rang if I were him. Our yutes (Randle, Clarkson, D-lo) all prefer to have the ball in their hands. Do I think those puppies can be trained? Yes on D'Angelo Russsell, but Julius and Clarkson not so much. Julius will be a beast in this league, but I'm not so sure he's going to be the Draymond-like beast he claims to want to learn how to be. Regardless, they are still shitting in diapers, so there ain't no pot to even get off of yet, whatever that means. Baby steps.

In other news, the Sixers won!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:37 am

Guys, got super busy at work last night and couldn't even Post at all. Just actually got home like an hour ago. Missed the game, etc.. Just getting caught up on all of the Posts and looking at highlights and the BoxScore. It looked like an exciting game that went back and forth. Clarkson played well but what else is new. I am really starting to get worried whether or not Randle and Russell are going to pan out, pan out as in even being Clarkson Good! We need those guys to be Good to be Very Good at worse by next season. Through 47 games I would say both are just Above Average players on my normal scale of Bad, Below Average, Average, Above Average, Good, Very Good, Great. Anyway the game could've went either way by what I am reading and seeing. No shame getting beat by a Top 25 player ever in Dirk, Dirk has made shots like that his whole career!
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:02 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:Guys, got super busy at work last night and couldn't even Post at all. Just actually got home like an hour ago. Missed the game, etc.. Just getting caught up on all of the Posts and looking at highlights and the BoxScore. It looked like an exciting game that went back and forth. Clarkson played well but what else is new. I am really starting to get worried whether or not Randle and Russell are going to pan out, pan out as in even being Clarkson Good! We need those guys to be Good to be Very Good at worse by next season. Through 47 games I would say both are just Above Average players on my normal scale of Bad, Below Average, Average, Above Average, Good, Very Good, Great. Anyway the game could've went either way by what I am reading and seeing. No shame getting beat by a Top 25 player ever in Dirk, Dirk has made shots like that his whole career!

It's funny, but I see Clarkson as the expendable one whose ceiling is much lower than either Randle's or Russell's. He's 23 and played more college ball and played in the NBA last season, so he is simply older and more mature. Don't fall into this hurry up and get Very Good quick trap, 3Peat. Hopefully once Kobe (and Byron Scott) are gone, their horizons will open up. The fact they both Randle and Russell took offense to Kobe's rant the other night rather than treating it as constructive criticism is evidence to me that they are still in diapers.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:27 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:Guys, got super busy at work last night and couldn't even Post at all. Just actually got home like an hour ago. Missed the game, etc.. Just getting caught up on all of the Posts and looking at highlights and the BoxScore. It looked like an exciting game that went back and forth. Clarkson played well but what else is new. I am really starting to get worried whether or not Randle and Russell are going to pan out, pan out as in even being Clarkson Good! We need those guys to be Good to be Very Good at worse by next season. Through 47 games I would say both are just Above Average players on my normal scale of Bad, Below Average, Average, Above Average, Good, Very Good, Great. Anyway the game could've went either way by what I am reading and seeing. No shame getting beat by a Top 25 player ever in Dirk, Dirk has made shots like that his whole career!

It's funny, but I see Clarkson as the expendable one whose ceiling is much lower than either Randle's or Russell's. He's 23 and played more college ball and played in the NBA last season, so he is simply older and more mature. Don't fall into this hurry up and get Very Good quick trap, 3Peat. Hopefully once Kobe (and Byron Scott) are gone, their horizons will open up. The fact they both Randle and Russell took offense to Kobe's rant the other night rather than treating it as constructive criticism is evidence to me that they are still in diapers.

Clarkson is definitely great trade bait because he is Good LOL. Next season will tell us a lot of course regarding Randle and Russell. Usually guys struggle their rookie season unless they are Magic, Bird, Jordan, Shaq, Duncan, or LeBron type of players for example so I get all of that. Let me ask you this, would you trade Russell and Randle for Cousins? I know this question has came up before but that would still leave us Clarkson who is Good, Nance, and a dominant Center that can Score and Rebound. Plus we will probably have a Top 3 pick as well and be able to pick up a Good Free Agent because of our Cap situation. I am not saying I would do it and don't take it as I am giving up on Russell and Randle but it's a legit question. Cousins is averaging 34 Points and 11 Rebounds in the month of January but he isn't happy playing in Sacramento.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:34 pm

Of course I would trade Randle and Russell for Cousins, but why the hell would Sacramento do that? I'm staying away from this Fake Trade stuff. It has proven to be a waste of brain space.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:54 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:Of course I would trade Randle and Russell for Cousins, but why the hell would Sacramento do that? I'm staying away from this Fake Trade stuff. It has proven to be a waste of brain space.

Well that trade scenario is vague, could be draft picks involved, money, etc.. I just wanted to see if you would do that. Maybe the Kings wouldn't but maybe they would if Mitch threw in another player or Draft pick. Cousins isn't happy in Sacramento and Sacramento has even seen him as disruptive so it's not farfetched they would trade him for 2 possibly up and coming players. It wouldn't surprise me if the Clippers trade Blake after what happened. Stephen A Smith said earlier that is a strong rumor now because he and Deandre cant co-exist and CP3 plays better without him. Anything is possible. Sacramento might find it a relief unloading Cousins??
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:50 pm

Yeah you can't gauge anything while Kobe is still here (though he IS sitting out a lot) and the jury's out on Byron for now. I wouldn't deal Clarkson unless it is part of a major upgrade, and I don't think Cousins is worth both Randle and Russell. Who we add to the fold this summer and how the team evolves through next season will be a much better sign of just how far away we are from where we're used to being. It starts with defense - followed by a reasonable shooting %.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:29 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Yeah you can't gauge anything while Kobe is still here (though he IS sitting out a lot) and the jury's out on Byron for now. I wouldn't deal Clarkson unless it is part of a major upgrade, and I don't think Cousins is worth both Randle and Russell. Who we add to the fold this summer and how the team evolves through next season will be a much better sign of just how far away we are from where we're used to being. It starts with defense - followed by a reasonable shooting %.

Rev, see that is why I posed the question to Kenny about the trade. You said you wouldn't do it and I value your opinion a bunch. Kenny said he would but that Sacramento wouldn't do it. You wouldn't even do it if Sacramento wanted too is my point and many Lakers fans wouldn't believe it or not. I probably would so I am with Kenny but giving up 2 upcoming players that could be Good would be tough to do.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:20 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:Yeah you can't gauge anything while Kobe is still here (though he IS sitting out a lot) and the jury's out on Byron for now. I wouldn't deal Clarkson unless it is part of a major upgrade, and I don't think Cousins is worth both Randle and Russell. Who we add to the fold this summer and how the team evolves through next season will be a much better sign of just how far away we are from where we're used to being. It starts with defense - followed by a reasonable shooting %.

Rev, see that is why I posed the question to Kenny about the trade. You said you wouldn't do it and I value your opinion a bunch. Kenny said he would but that Sacramento wouldn't do it. You wouldn't even do it if Sacramento wanted too is my point and many Lakers fans wouldn't believe it or not. I probably would so I am with Kenny but giving up 2 upcoming players that could be Good would be tough to do.

Two goods never equals one Great because you can always attract another Great when you have a young one like Cousins. Hell, Randle wasn't even invited to play in the Rising Stars game!
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:53 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:

Two goods never equals one Great because you can always attract another Great when you have a young one like Cousins. Hell, Randle wasn't even invited to play in the Rising Stars game!

Yeah I would trade those 2 for Cousins as well. Imagine Chess, would you give up both of your Bishops or Knights for the Queen? Bishops and Knights are Good, Queen is a Great piece. In other words you start the game without 2 of your Good pieces being either both Bishops or Knights but the other person doesn't have their Queen and you do, you are down a piece but have your Great piece. I will say this I am not sure I would give up both Rooks for the Queen LOL, Rooks are Very Good! Just some Chess thought to add to it.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:17 pm

tate793 wrote:I'll go you one better. I'd give up Randle, Russell, Kelly and Clarkson for Cousins and Rondo.

WOW, I am not sure I would do that but Boogie is a bad man! Rondo offsets Clarkson so yeah I don't blame you. Russell just has to make me a believer and so far he hasn't through 47 games. Most Rookie's struggle so I get that but I just cant get out of my head why we didn't Draft Okafor when we already Clarkson.
3Peatkb24

Previous

Return to LakerTalk