Separate Football Thread - The Final 4!

Re: Separate Football Thread - The Final 4!

Postby Lakers4Life » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:58 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
Lakers4Life wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:
tate793 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:So far every analyst on ESPN and the NFL Channel is taking the Patriots. Not 1 is taking the Broncos. Here's a list of people taking the Patriots so far: Mike Greenberg, Mike Golic, Skip Bayless, Stephen A Smith, Darren Woodson, Teddy Bruschi, Bomani Jones, Kevin Blackistone, Pablo Torre, MIchael Irvin, Deion Sanders, Marshal Faulk, Jones-Drew. All either work for ESPN or the NFL Channel. People picking the Broncos so far = someone's Grandpa in Colorado :roflmao:

I'm somebody's Grandpa. But, I don't live in Colorado. I will say this. Brady's going down. Whether it be against Peyton or Cam. I'd actually rather watch Cam dismantle the Patriots. Just as long as the other Chowds lose.

I am with you Tate, I want Peyton but I wouldn't mind seeing Cam win it either. Really anyone but the Pats. I hate them as much as I almost the Celtics. I couldn't imagine living in Boston :waaaaa:

I got Arizona. But The Panthers with Cam playing like the MVP of the league AND that stout defense....they are my 2nd choice.

For Denver to win they'll have to rely on their defense to carry them. Because at this point in his career, Peyton has turned into a game manager like Alex Smith at KC.

Craig, don't let Peyton fool you. He actually looked good last week, Broncos just had a lot of drops. I thought Peyton had pretty good zip on the ball. I honestly think Peyton is pulling an Ali/ala rope a dope and has everyone fooled into thinking he has a noodle arm now. One pass he had last week was for around 50 Yards and he overthrew Thomas by a hair otherwise that would've been a TD so I know he can throw deep if he wants too. I have nothing against the Cards, I like Arians as well but I am a Cam fan!!

I hope so 3-Peat! I like Peyton. He's one of my favorite QB'S ever.
Lakers4Life

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:37 pm

Lakers4Life wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:
Lakers4Life wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:
tate793 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:So far every analyst on ESPN and the NFL Channel is taking the Patriots. Not 1 is taking the Broncos. Here's a list of people taking the Patriots so far: Mike Greenberg, Mike Golic, Skip Bayless, Stephen A Smith, Darren Woodson, Teddy Bruschi, Bomani Jones, Kevin Blackistone, Pablo Torre, MIchael Irvin, Deion Sanders, Marshal Faulk, Jones-Drew. All either work for ESPN or the NFL Channel. People picking the Broncos so far = someone's Grandpa in Colorado :roflmao:

I'm somebody's Grandpa. But, I don't live in Colorado. I will say this. Brady's going down. Whether it be against Peyton or Cam. I'd actually rather watch Cam dismantle the Patriots. Just as long as the other Chowds lose.

I am with you Tate, I want Peyton but I wouldn't mind seeing Cam win it either. Really anyone but the Pats. I hate them as much as I almost the Celtics. I couldn't imagine living in Boston :waaaaa:

I got Arizona. But The Panthers with Cam playing like the MVP of the league AND that stout defense....they are my 2nd choice.

For Denver to win they'll have to rely on their defense to carry them. Because at this point in his career, Peyton has turned into a game manager like Alex Smith at KC.

Craig, don't let Peyton fool you. He actually looked good last week, Broncos just had a lot of drops. I thought Peyton had pretty good zip on the ball. I honestly think Peyton is pulling an Ali/ala rope a dope and has everyone fooled into thinking he has a noodle arm now. One pass he had last week was for around 50 Yards and he overthrew Thomas by a hair otherwise that would've been a TD so I know he can throw deep if he wants too. I have nothing against the Cards, I like Arians as well but I am a Cam fan!!

I hope so 3-Peat! I like Peyton. He's one of my favorite QB'S ever.

Yeah I feel pretty good about the game tomorrow despite everyone picking the Patriots. The Patriots never play well in Denver, Tom Brady is 2-6 lifetime there. Another fun fact, Peyton Manning is 3-1 AFC Title games despite some of his so-called chokes in the Divisional Round.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:47 am

Gameday, Go Peyton, Go Cam! FUCK the Pats!
3Peatkb24

Postby Lakers4Life » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:55 pm

Yeah. What he said. Puck the Fats!
Lakers4Life

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:02 pm

"lol4: Everyone picked the Pats in the media, what idiots. When will they learn. Peyton baby! If Peyton is a choker, he my kind of choker. A SB win and 4th appearance now. By the way is Tom Brady a choker since he is 1-3 vs Peyton in Title games? 0-2 vs Eli in SB's too.
3Peatkb24

Postby Lakers4Life » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:44 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:"lol4: Everyone picked the Pats in the media, what idiots. When will they learn. Peyton baby! If Peyton is a choker, he my kind of choker. A SB win and 4th appearance now. By the way is Tom Brady a choker since he is 1-3 vs Peyton in Title games? 0-2 vs Eli in SB's too.

You called it baby!! It looks like The Manning brothers hate Brady and The Pats just as much as we do! Boy do they have his number!!!
Lakers4Life

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:52 am

What a lovely morning! I got 2 teams in the SB I like. Last season I was barfing when it was the Pats vs Seahawks. I would root for Carolina if it wasn't for Peyton being in it (and of course if Indy wasn't in it) but if Carolina somehow wins I can accept it a lot better than if Peyton lost to a team I didn't like. A lot of people don't like Cam because he is showy but I like him and the way he plays the game. He and Peyton are 2 totally different people, Peyton is boring/conservative like Tom Hanks and Cam is flashy/showy like Will Smith, love both actors. Should be an entertaining SB.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:21 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:What a lovely morning! I got 2 teams in the SB I like. Last season I was barfing when it was the Pats vs Seahawks. I would root for Carolina if it wasn't for Peyton being in it (and of course if Indy wasn't in it) but if Carolina somehow wins I can accept it a lot better than if Peyton lost to a team I didn't like. A lot of people don't like Cam because he is showy but I like him and the way he plays the game. He and Peyton are 2 totally different people, Peyton is boring/conservative like Tom Hanks and Cam is flashy/showy like Will Smith, love both actors. Should be an entertaining SB.

It will be similar to Super Bowl XLVIII, only note quite as bad a drubbing. The Panthers have the same kind of QB as the Seahawks had and everyone was talking up the Broncos defense 2 years ago, too. I'm betting big on the Panthers, who were dominant this season. much like the Seahawks were. Also, the AFC stinks, let's be realistic. I can't believe the line is only 4.5! Panthers 34, Broncos 13.

Note: The NFL ditched the traditional use of Roman numerals for this one. I can't believe I have seen 'em all!!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:46 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:What a lovely morning! I got 2 teams in the SB I like. Last season I was barfing when it was the Pats vs Seahawks. I would root for Carolina if it wasn't for Peyton being in it (and of course if Indy wasn't in it) but if Carolina somehow wins I can accept it a lot better than if Peyton lost to a team I didn't like. A lot of people don't like Cam because he is showy but I like him and the way he plays the game. He and Peyton are 2 totally different people, Peyton is boring/conservative like Tom Hanks and Cam is flashy/showy like Will Smith, love both actors. Should be an entertaining SB.

It will be similar to Super Bowl XLVIII, only note quite as bad a drubbing. The Panthers have the same kind of QB as the Seahawks had and everyone was talking up the Broncos defense 2 years ago, too. I'm betting big on the Panthers, who were dominant this season. much like the Seahawks were. Also, the AFC stinks, let's be realistic. I can't believe the line is only 4.5! Panthers 34, Broncos 13.

Note: The NFL ditched the traditional use of Roman numerals for this one. I can't believe I have seen 'em all!!

I disagree with your pick but then again I was dead wrong when the Broncos played the Seahawks. Having said that, where you are wrong is saying the Broncos Defense is similar to how it was in 2013. In 2013 they didn't have Talib, Ware, or a healthy Von Miller. This Defense is much better, also the Broncos played the worse game of the Peyton Manning era in Denver in that SB and the Seahawks had a better Defense than what the Panthers have. Don't be shocked if the Broncos find a way to win this. It should be a great game this time around. If it's 34-13 I would be surprised. The Patriots were healthy and had all of their weapons in Gronk, Edleman, Amendola and only could put up 18 points so we will see.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:10 pm

The AFC stinks.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:27 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:The AFC stinks.

:waaaaa: Well that's your opinion. I am not going to talk to much smack because of what happened in 2013 vs Seattle but you do realize since the 2000's began, 2000-2014 seasons = 15 full seasons the AFC is 9-6 in SB's and the Patriots just beat Seattle last season. There really hasn't been any NFC teams that can say they have had the overall success that the Pats, Colts, Steelers, and Ravens have had since 2000. Giants have won 2 SB's, that's about it.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:04 am

Well you see why I rarely bet on sports - Brady got rushed twice as much as he'd been all season and it forced him into poor decisions, negative yardage and three-and-outs. I guess I didn't really want to see either one of these QBs or teams in the Super Bowl -- kind of like having to choose between Timmy or LeBron in the Finals.

The Broncos put on a defensive clinic, and Carolina's pressure on the QB backed up by their crisp and speedy offense has proven to be too much for two straight NFC West powers. It could be a repeat of the Seahawks/Broncos blowout - which I'm sure Peyton would like to erase from his memory - or the #1 defense could put a hurting on Cam and force him to try and do it all by himself. Big stage!!

A friend of mine is working the game (he worked at the last SB in Indianapolis too) so I'm definitely going to partake in the festivities leading up to Super Sunday.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:39 am

lakerevolution wrote:Well you see why I rarely bet on sports - Brady got rushed twice as much as he'd been all season and it forced him into poor decisions, negative yardage and three-and-outs. I guess I didn't really want to see either one of these QBs or teams in the Super Bowl -- kind of like having to choose between Timmy or LeBron in the Finals.

The Broncos put on a defensive clinic, and Carolina's pressure on the QB backed up by their crisp and speedy offense has proven to be too much for two straight NFC West powers. It could be a repeat of the Seahawks/Broncos blowout - which I'm sure Peyton would like to erase from his memory - or the #1 defense could put a hurting on Cam and force him to try and do it all by himself. Big stage!!

A friend of mine is working the game (he worked at the last SB in Indianapolis too) so I'm definitely going to partake in the festivities leading up to Super Sunday.

I am not going to talk too much about this game because of what happened in 2013 but I truly believe the Broncos have a 50/50 shot at winning this game. Their Defense is very nasty and Peyton looks pretty good so we will see. I also think because of what happened in 2013 is in the back of Peyton's mind and he wont let that happen again. Nobody in the media picked the Broncos to beat the Patriots and look what happened. So we will see.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:50 am

OK, the AFC stinks this season.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:35 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:OK, the AFC stinks this season.

Being completely honest I really don't think there has been any dominant teams. The NFC hasn't been that good either. Seattle, Green Bay, Dallas, and Philly were all dud's. In the AFC the Colts, yes my Colts were disappointing along with teams like the Ravens and Chargers. Carolina did go 15-1 but they squeaked by several games. Colts as Average as they were took them to OT. Carolina is very beatable, the Cards to me weren't as good as last years Colts even, they got a lot of love for some reason heading into the game vs Carolina?? I have nailed every single pick in these Playoffs except 1 game. I am 9-1 so far. My only miss was picking KC over the Pats. Pretty dumb pick on my part because Tom never loses in Foxboro but I really didn't think they would repeat and lose somewhere down the line. I have got all the other games right. Too bad I couldn't of been in Vegas the last 2 weeks.
3Peatkb24

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk