(SB) Ravens over 49ers

2013 - (NFC) 49ers at Seahawks, Seahawks winner
(AFC) Patriots at Broncos, Broncos winner
(SB) Seahawks over Broncos

2014 - (NFC) Packers at Seahawks, Seahawks winner
(AFC) Colts at Patriots, Patriots winner
(SB) Patriots over Seahawks

2015 Final 4
Features the Cardinals at Panthers in the NFC and the Patriots at Broncos in the AFC.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Re: Separate Football Thread - The Final 4!

Postby Lakers4Life » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:51 am

I STILL got Pats vs Cardinals
Lakers4Life

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:10 am

Lakers4Life wrote:I STILL got Pats vs Cardinals

I am going to say Broncos vs Panthers. Not to just be disagreeing with you but I like the home teams here. The Panthers pretty much destroyed the Seahawks. They were up 31-0 and just took their foot off the gas. That score of 31-24 is deceptive. It was over at Half. I am going Broncos for 3 reasons: 1. They are nearly unbeatable in MileHigh/HFA, 2. They have the better Defense, 3. This is Peyton's last season so he doesn't want to go out a loser.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:11 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:Last 3 seasons, Final 4 results:
2012 - (NFC) 49ers at Falcons, 49ers winner
(AFC) Ravens at Patriots, Ravens winner
(SB) Ravens over 49ers
The QB's featured in this Final 4 were - Flacco, Kaepernick, Brady, and Ryan

2013 - (NFC) 49ers at Seahawks, Seahawks winner
(AFC) Patriots at Broncos, Broncos winner
(SB) Seahawks over Broncos
The QB's featured in this Final 4 were - Wilson, Peyton, Brady, Kaepernick

2014 - (NFC) Packers at Seahawks, Seahawks winner
(AFC) Colts at Patriots, Patriots winner
(SB) Patriots over Seahawks
The QB's featured in this Final 4 were - Brady, Wilson, Rodgers, and Luck
-The BOLD signifies the SB winning QB!

2015 Final 4
Features the Cardinals at Panthers in the NFC and the Patriots at Broncos in the AFC.

The QB's featured in this Final 4 are - Cam, Peyton, Palmer, and Brady
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:59 am

Welcome back Tate. I am rooting for Peyton and Cam. I have taken a liking to Cam, I love his style and flair and he and Luck are very similar IMO at least, you may not agree but both play the same style of game. They are both big and strong, run well, and throw the deep well. Cam like Luck is that team pretty much as well. They carry their teams. He is my 3rd most liked QB right now only behind Luck and Peyton. If Peyton loses Sunday I hope Cam can win it all!
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:58 pm

I like the Cardinals power and explosiveness and I think they'd make a great Super Bowl champ. New England is never easy to count out, and of course Cam Newton sealing the deal would be like Russell Wilson's rise to fame all over again. The only problem with good defenses like Denver's is they're not as impervious against a versatile (and ref-aided) offense like the Patriots'. You know ol' Belicheat will find a way to not only ground Peyton but to deliver too many strikes for Denver's D to keep up with.

Cards and Patriots, with the Cards winning by a touchdown.
lakerevolution

Postby Lakers4Life » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:30 pm

tate793 wrote:Image

Terrible grammar.... SMH

It's........

"One of these guys "IS" going to the super bowl

"THE" other one is Tom Brady
Lakers4Life

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:44 am

So far every analyst on ESPN and the NFL Channel is taking the Patriots. Not 1 is taking the Broncos. Here's a list of people taking the Patriots so far: Mike Greenberg, Mike Golic, Skip Bayless, Stephen A Smith, Darren Woodson, Teddy Bruschi, Bomani Jones, Kevin Blackistone, Pablo Torre, MIchael Irvin, Deion Sanders, Marshal Faulk, Jones-Drew. All either work for ESPN or the NFL Channel. People picking the Broncos so far = someone's Grandpa in Colorado :roflmao:
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:26 pm

I have a couple friends out here who claim to be Bronco fans . . their fanhood is kinda hmmm, I think it's more a Peyton Love Affair than anything. And one of them likes the Niners too :snapout: If I invited you to that NFL End Zone Reporters page on FB then you can see them there. I think the Pats are just looking too unbeatable - not that they are blowing everybody out but they always seem to find ways to win. That's why nobody wants to pick against them. I have no opinions on them - I just want to see Denver lose . . it's a divisional thing :Nuggsmad:
lakerevolution

Postby NuggetsCountry » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:16 pm

I live in Colorado and hate the Broncos, but I will also hate the LA Chargers, if/when that comes to pass!

I will root for Rivers and Gates while they play in the NFL, but that's it.
Image :yeahthat:
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

{ IMAGES }: 7

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:39 pm

lakerevolution wrote:I have a couple friends out here who claim to be Bronco fans . . their fanhood is kinda hmmm, I think it's more a Peyton Love Affair than anything. And one of them likes the Niners too :snapout: If I invited you to that NFL End Zone Reporters page on FB then you can see them there. I think the Pats are just looking too unbeatable - not that they are blowing everybody out but they always seem to find ways to win. That's why nobody wants to pick against them. I have no opinions on them - I just want to see Denver lose . . it's a divisional thing :Nuggsmad:

I still love Peyton, how can any Colts fan not. Look at what he did for our franchise + we won a SB as him being the leader. He also has a children's hospital here Indianapolis. I am Truediehard Colts fan and glad we have Andrew Luck but I will root for Peyton unless he is playing the Colts. I was happy we beat them last season to get to the Title Game.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:43 pm

NuggetsCountry wrote:I live in Colorado and hate the Broncos, but I will also hate the LA Chargers, if/when that comes to pass!

I will root for Rivers and Gates while they play in the NFL, but that's it.

Damn Nuggs, who will your team be if the Chargers move? I don't know what I would do if the Colts moved. Luckily Irsay still has around 10 years left on his contract with the city to stay and our stadium is still fairly new, it's only 8 years old so we aren't going anywhere.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:08 pm

tate793 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:So far every analyst on ESPN and the NFL Channel is taking the Patriots. Not 1 is taking the Broncos. Here's a list of people taking the Patriots so far: Mike Greenberg, Mike Golic, Skip Bayless, Stephen A Smith, Darren Woodson, Teddy Bruschi, Bomani Jones, Kevin Blackistone, Pablo Torre, MIchael Irvin, Deion Sanders, Marshal Faulk, Jones-Drew. All either work for ESPN or the NFL Channel. People picking the Broncos so far = someone's Grandpa in Colorado :roflmao:

I'm somebody's Grandpa. But, I don't live in Colorado. I will say this. Brady's going down. Whether it be against Peyton or Cam. I'd actually rather watch Cam dismantle the Patriots. Just as long as the other Chowds lose.

I am with you Tate, I want Peyton but I wouldn't mind seeing Cam win it either. Really anyone but the Pats. I hate them as much as I almost the Celtics. I couldn't imagine living in Boston :waaaaa:
3Peatkb24

Postby Lakers4Life » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:22 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:
tate793 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:So far every analyst on ESPN and the NFL Channel is taking the Patriots. Not 1 is taking the Broncos. Here's a list of people taking the Patriots so far: Mike Greenberg, Mike Golic, Skip Bayless, Stephen A Smith, Darren Woodson, Teddy Bruschi, Bomani Jones, Kevin Blackistone, Pablo Torre, MIchael Irvin, Deion Sanders, Marshal Faulk, Jones-Drew. All either work for ESPN or the NFL Channel. People picking the Broncos so far = someone's Grandpa in Colorado :roflmao:

I'm somebody's Grandpa. But, I don't live in Colorado. I will say this. Brady's going down. Whether it be against Peyton or Cam. I'd actually rather watch Cam dismantle the Patriots. Just as long as the other Chowds lose.

I am with you Tate, I want Peyton but I wouldn't mind seeing Cam win it either. Really anyone but the Pats. I hate them as much as I almost the Celtics. I couldn't imagine living in Boston :waaaaa:

I got Arizona. But The Panthers with Cam playing like the MVP of the league AND that stout defense....they are my 2nd choice.

For Denver to win they'll have to rely on their defense to carry them. Because at this point in his career, Peyton has turned into a game manager like Alex Smith at KC.
Lakers4Life

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:52 am

Lakers4Life wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:
tate793 wrote:

I got Arizona. But The Panthers with Cam playing like the MVP of the league AND that stout defense....they are my 2nd choice.

For Denver to win they'll have to rely on their defense to carry them. Because at this point in his career, Peyton has turned into a game manager like Alex Smith at KC.

Craig, don't let Peyton fool you. He actually looked good last week, Broncos just had a lot of drops. I thought Peyton had pretty good zip on the ball. I honestly think Peyton is pulling an Ali/ala rope a dope and has everyone fooled into thinking he has a noodle arm now. One pass he had last week was for around 50 Yards and he overthrew Thomas by a hair otherwise that would've been a TD so I know he can throw deep if he wants too. I have nothing against the Cards, I like Arians as well but I am a Cam fan!!
3Peatkb24

Next

Return to LakerTalk