MLB - the 7th Inning Stretch

Re: MLB - the 7th Inning Stretch

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri May 19, 2017 12:41 pm

A look at the last 2 decades of Baseball!
-Here are the World Series Champions since the 2000 Season:
2000 - NY Yankees = A 3Peat Champion/last team to Repeat in baseball, won in 1998 and 99
2001- Arizona Diamondbacks
2002 - Anaheim Angels
2003 - Florida Marlins
2004 - Boston RedSox
2005 - Chicago WhiteSox
2006 - St Louis Cardinals
2007 - Boston RedSox
2008 - Philadelphia Phillies
2009 - NY Yankees = 103-59/best record of any AL World Series Champion in the 2000's
2010 - SF Giants
2011 - St Louis Cardinals
2012 - SF Giants
2013 - Boston RedSox
2014 - SF Giants
2015 - KC Royals
2016 - Chicago Cubs = 103-58/best record of any Champion in the 2000's

So since the 2000's began my Cubs have had the best individual season of any team to win the World Series. The 2009 Yankees were just .5 behind them. The teams with the most World Series wins since 2000 are the Boston RedSox and SF Giants with 3. The 2000 Yankees team were a 3Peat/Repeat team. No team has Repeated since the 2000 Yankees.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 3942
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 615 times
Been thanked: 247 times

Re: MLB - the 7th Inning Stretch

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun May 21, 2017 10:38 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:A look at the last 2 decades of Baseball!
-Here are the World Series Champions since the 2000 Season:
2000 - NY Yankees = A 3Peat Champion/last team to Repeat in baseball, won in 1998 and 99
2001- Arizona Diamondbacks
2002 - Anaheim Angels
2003 - Florida Marlins
2004 - Boston RedSox
2005 - Chicago WhiteSox
2006 - St Louis Cardinals
2007 - Boston RedSox
2008 - Philadelphia Phillies
2009 - NY Yankees = 103-59/best record of any AL World Series Champion in the 2000's
2010 - SF Giants
2011 - St Louis Cardinals
2012 - SF Giants
2013 - Boston RedSox
2014 - SF Giants
2015 - KC Royals
2016 - Chicago Cubs = 103-58/best record of any Champion in the 2000's

So since the 2000's began my Cubs have had the best individual season of any team to win the World Series. The 2009 Yankees were just .5 behind them. The teams with the most World Series wins since 2000 are the Boston RedSox and SF Giants with 3. The 2000 Yankees team were a 3Peat/Repeat team. No team has Repeated since the 2000 Yankees.


Cubs smoke Brewers today, only 2 games out of first place now. Go Cubs! Bryant hit 2 HR's (he now has 10) and Jake got another win.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 3942
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 615 times
Been thanked: 247 times

Re: MLB - the 7th Inning Stretch

Postby lakerevolution » Tue May 23, 2017 6:54 am

That list is frustrating to look at!! Amazing, though, that the legendary Yankees are there, and that both the Sox and Cubs are now World Series champs -- something that hadn't happened in some folks' entire lifetimes! The Giants dynasty was also very unexpected and well-deserved. WHERE ARE MY DODGERS?? Side note, Tommy Lasorda is in bad health and my prayers are with his family.
User avatar
lakerevolution
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:36 pm
Has thanked: 117 times
Been thanked: 204 times

Re: MLB - the 7th Inning Stretch

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu May 25, 2017 12:07 pm

lakerevolution wrote:That list is frustrating to look at!! Amazing, though, that the legendary Yankees are there, and that both the Sox and Cubs are now World Series champs -- something that hadn't happened in some folks' entire lifetimes! The Giants dynasty was also very unexpected and well-deserved. WHERE ARE MY DODGERS?? Side note, Tommy Lasorda is in bad health and my prayers are with his family.


Dodgers still have a great history. They won twice in the 80's. 1981 and 1988, hard to believe 88 was nearly 30 years ago when our beloved Lakers went Back to Back with Magic. Man does time fly. Cubs just beat the Giants 2 in a row and now are only a HALF game out of 1st place in the NL Central at 24-21, Brewers are 25-21.

-Cubs are just now trying to start something great. They have won 1 Championship now in recent history and went 103-58 in doing so. Question is can they become a Dynasty? To me a Dynasty requires at least 3 Championships in a short span with roughly the same core of players. Sort of like the Giants have done in 2010/12/14, of course the Yankees were one with their 3Peat as well from 1998-2000.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 3942
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 615 times
Been thanked: 247 times

Re: MLB - the 7th Inning Stretch

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu May 25, 2017 2:22 pm

Cubs just won today! Now tied for 1st in the NL Central at 25-21. Finally starting to kick ass, just beat the Giants 3 out of 4. Go Dodgers tonight as they play the Cards who are 23-20 and just a HALF game back. I want the Cubs to start playing great now as June approaches and try and build a lead in the Division. Getting April and May out of the way is a good thing, the webs are getting cleared out a little. Brewers are at 25-21 but I think they will fade, I am more worried about the Cards!
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 3942
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 615 times
Been thanked: 247 times

Re: MLB - the 7th Inning Stretch

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu May 25, 2017 6:37 pm

Great stuff, 3Peat!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #17 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
User avatar
KobeMVP888
 
Posts: 1616
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 163 times
Been thanked: 313 times

Re: MLB - the 7th Inning Stretch

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu May 25, 2017 8:18 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:Great stuff, 3Peat!


Thank ya Kenny. I LOVE BASEBALL! Brew Crew lost tonight so my Cubs are in 1st place now in the NL Central but those pesky Cards are up 3-1 on the Dodgers and if they win they will be tied with the Cubs.

Cubs 25-21
Brew Crew 25-22
Cards 23-20 but pending! REV and Craig need to give the Dodgers a pep talk for me. Cubs actually have a series with the Dodgers next, should be interesting.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 3942
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 615 times
Been thanked: 247 times

Re: MLB - the 7th Inning Stretch

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri May 26, 2017 1:44 am

NL Central Standings heading into May 26th:
Cubs 25-21
Brew Crew 25-22 - .5
Cards 23-21 - 1
Reds 22-24 - 3
Pirates 22-26 - 4

This Post was brought to you by the World Champion Cubs network! Tomorrow night we head to LA for a 3 game set, a place I love as a Lakers fan. We have Jake facing off against Alex Wood in Game 1. A rematch of last years NLCS, the Dodgers are a Very Good team. Should be a fun late May matchup.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 3942
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 615 times
Been thanked: 247 times

Re: MLB - the 7th Inning Stretch

Postby lakerevolution » Fri May 26, 2017 8:16 pm

A's take game one vs. the Yanks, and my Dodgers are leading the Cubs early 1-0. Did you see that collision between Joc Pederson and Yasiel Puig a few days ago? Vicious!!
User avatar
lakerevolution
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:36 pm
Has thanked: 117 times
Been thanked: 204 times

Re: MLB - the 7th Inning Stretch

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri May 26, 2017 9:17 pm

lakerevolution wrote:A's take game one vs. the Yanks, and my Dodgers are leading the Cubs early 1-0. Did you see that collision between Joc Pederson and Yasiel Puig a few days ago? Vicious!!


Yeah I thought Joc was dead there for a minute, man colliding with Puig is like colliding with a truck :roflmao:. Glad both guys are ok. Puig even hung on to the ball despite the collision! Dodgers are up 4-0 now after 6. Brew Crew lost and so did the Cards so the Cubs will still remain in 1st regarding their Division. This may be the Dodgers year to win it all REV with this core of players? They have been knocking at the door for a few years. I am really surprised at how well the Rockies and Diamondbacks are playing though. Dodgers are in a bitch of a Division and that isn't even including the Giants. Giants aren't the same without MadBum but still got hot there for a week too.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 3942
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 615 times
Been thanked: 247 times

Re: MLB - the 7th Inning Stretch

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri May 26, 2017 9:41 pm

Here's a question for all you Baseball people. Who would your Mt Rushmore be for your favorite team? You can only choose 4 heads, good luck with that Kenny and Nuggs because you have about 10 players that could go on it! Like Babe Ruth/ Mickey Mantle/Yogi Berra/Joe DiMaggio/Whitey Ford/Derek Jeter/Mariano Rivera/Lou Gehrig, etc.. Who gets left off? You can only have 4. Dodgers have had a slew of great players too!

My Cubs Mt Rushmore would be Ernie Banks/Ron Santo/Ryne Sandberg/Kris Bryant - yes Kris Bryant belongs already, he won NL Rookie of the Year in 2015 and won NL League MVP last year with 39 HR's WITHOUT STEROIDS and batted .292. He also was the best player on a team that hadn't won a WS in 108 years. So, sorry Billy Williams and Fergie Jenkins I apologize but Bryant belongs after 2 dominant years and he was a main cog who delivered a Championship for the Cubs. Ernie Banks is regarded as the best Cubs player of all-time and I agree, Santo is regarded 2nd best and I agree with that too. Sandberg was the ultimate 2nd Baseman during the 80's and the face of the Cubs that decade. Their 1984 team was outstanding but failed to make the WS losing in the NLCS.
Last edited by 3Peatkb24 on Fri May 26, 2017 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 3942
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 615 times
Been thanked: 247 times

Re: MLB - the 7th Inning Stretch

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri May 26, 2017 10:01 pm

Dodgers win opener 4-0. Jake wasn't real sharp and the bats stunk to high heavens tonight! Maybe we are partying too much in LA :standingO:
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 3942
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 615 times
Been thanked: 247 times

Re: MLB - the 7th Inning Stretch

Postby lakerevolution » Fri May 26, 2017 10:32 pm

Jake Arrieta (5-4) continued to struggle for the World Series champions, whose three-game winning streak ended. The right-hander gave up four runs and five hits in six innings, struck out nine and walked one.

Arrieta had blanked the Dodgers in 16 consecutive innings and won his last six regular-season starts in California, but they jumped all over his fastball.

Problem is, Rockies and D-Backs both won. But at leaat the Giants and Padres lost, so we widened our lead on them.
User avatar
lakerevolution
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:36 pm
Has thanked: 117 times
Been thanked: 204 times

Re: MLB - the 7th Inning Stretch

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri May 26, 2017 10:36 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Jake Arrieta (5-4) continued to struggle for the World Series champions, whose three-game winning streak ended. The right-hander gave up four runs and five hits in six innings, struck out nine and walked one.

Arrieta had blanked the Dodgers in 16 consecutive innings and won his last six regular-season starts in California, but they jumped all over his fastball.

Problem is, Rockies and D-Backs both won. But at leaat the Giants and Padres lost, so we widened our lead on them.


What's up with Rockies and DBacks? At least the Brew Crew are finally coming back down to earth in the Central.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 3942
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 615 times
Been thanked: 247 times

Re: MLB - the 7th Inning Stretch

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri May 26, 2017 11:10 pm

All I can say is this, the Cubs won a Championship so I am happy for the rest of my life regarding Baseball talk. I have been a fan since 1984 as well so just didn't jump on their bandwagon. Waited over 30 years for that and winning Game 7 on the road at Cleveland was priceless. I thought LeBron was going to cry :roflmao:. I look at the Cubs 2016 Season and it ranks up there as a Top 10 season of all-time going all the way back to the early 1900's after the research I have done. They went 103-58 and beat the Giants who had MadBum 3-1, beat the Dodgers who had Kershaw 4-2, and beat the Indians who had Kluber and Miller 4-3 without HFA. That is a tough Playoff road to take on! The Cubs also got rewarded by the NL when Kris Bryant won MVP of the league, that was just the cherry on top. Honestly the 2016 Cubs had no weaknesses because they had 4 starting Pitchers that were Very Good to Great in Arrieta, Lester, Hendricks, and Lackey and they had Chapman in the BullPen who could throw over 100. Fowler is the ideal leadoff hitter, decent speed that can get on base but also has power, Bryant, Rizzo, and Zobrist in the 2/3/4 holes is just overwhelming = all have power and are Very Good to Great hitters + all of them are Clutch, Bryant has pretty good speed as well. Then we have a Manager that is basically smarter than every manager in todays league. He is a mad scientist at times but his moves usually pan out.

-This season no Fowler or Chapman and it has hurt us IMO but that is what happens from year to year, you lose key players unfortunately.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 3942
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 615 times
Been thanked: 247 times

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron