Other NBA discussion

Re: Other NBA discussion

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:47 pm

I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:00 pm

I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:05 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:

Maybe we can get Boogie after all :roflmao: Ok I am joking before anyone takes my Post too seriously :fanshithit:
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:48 pm

KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:04 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:

This could be leading up to something else but I don't like this trade. Brewer was Good a couple of years ago but now he is only Good in spurts. The 1st Round Pick is probably what triggered it. GM's seem to love Picks now days. This also could be a sign of us just tanking and getting that Top 3 Pick to go along with Houston's pick so maybe that is why we did this? That would give us 2 1st Round Picks including our protected 3rd because without Lou we will finish in the bottom 3.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:01 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:This could be leading up to something else but I don't like this trade. Brewer was Good a couple of years ago but now he is only Good in spurts. The 1st Round Pick is probably what triggered it. GM's seem to love Picks now days. This also could be a sign of us just tanking and getting that Top 3 Pick to go along with Houston's pick so maybe that is why we did this? That would give us 2 1st Round Picks including our protected 3rd because without Lou we will finish in the bottom 3.

It was for the pick obviously, which is #27 right now. What bugs me about the trade is that Corey Brewer's contract is about 700K more than Lou's next year. Then again, what's the rush? It becomes a valuable expiring contract in 2018 if he isn't traded before that. It's important to think a few moves ahead, so maybe that's why Magic liked it. The free agent market sucks this summer, so maybe he's looking ahead to 2018 (Boogie). Who knows.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:56 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:This could be leading up to something else but I don't like this trade. Brewer was Good a couple of years ago but now he is only Good in spurts. The 1st Round Pick is probably what triggered it. GM's seem to love Picks now days. This also could be a sign of us just tanking and getting that Top 3 Pick to go along with Houston's pick so maybe that is why we did this? That would give us 2 1st Round Picks including our protected 3rd because without Lou we will finish in the bottom 3.

It was for the pick obviously, which is #27 right now. What bugs me about the trade is that Corey Brewer's contract is about 700K more than Lou's next year. Then again, what's the rush? It becomes a valuable expiring contract in 2018 if he isn't traded before that. It's important to think a few moves ahead, so maybe that's why Magic liked it. The free agent market sucks this summer, so maybe he's looking ahead to 2018 (Boogie). Who knows.

I think we want to make sure we keep our protected Pick as well. With Lou gone we should finish with the 2nd worse record. I really don't have much of a problem with this with only 25 games left in the season. We weren't making the Playoffs anyway and Lou is in his 30's so he really wasn't going to be part of our future. I wish we could get rid of Mozgov for a pick(even if it's a 2nd Round pick) and maybe an expiring contract of another player that is being paid a lot. I hate his contract and didn't like that signing at all.
3Peatkb24

Postby Lakers4Life » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:02 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

I think we want to make sure we keep our protected Pick as well. With Lou gone we should finish with the 2nd worse record. I really don't have much of a problem with this with only 25 games left in the season. We weren't making the Playoffs anyway and Lou is in his 30's so he really wasn't going to be part of our future. I wish we could get rid of Mozgov for a pick(even if it's a 2nd Round pick) and maybe an expiring contract of another player that is being paid a lot. I hate his contract and didn't like that signing at all.

You can thank Jim Buss & Mitch Kupchak for those signings. That's why they're gone.
Lakers4Life

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:04 pm

KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:34 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:

I can picture the convo going like this. A fictional version but funny -
Magic - Hey Larry this is Magic (laughs)
Larry - Hey what's up Magic, congrats on you new gig with the Lakers
Magic - Thanks Larry. Hey Larry lets talk business, what do you want for Paul George?
Larry - LOL, I aint trading him Magic, come on man LOL
Magic - Nah seriously Larry, friend to friend what you seriously want?
Larry - Ok Magic, I love that Ingram kid. I also think Randle and Russell are nice players too
Magic - What are you saying Larry?
Larry - I would want all 3 Magic, come on it's Paul, Magic. The guy is a SuperStar and has taken us to 2 Conference Finals
Magic - I cant give up those 3 players, come on Larry. That is our whole young core
Larry - Well that would be only fair Magic
Magic - Just cant do it Larry
Larry - That's ok Magic I understand, hey once again congrats on your new gig. Be talking to you soon
Magic - Thanks Larry take care, bye
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:09 pm

I wonder how long it will take 90% of Lakers fans to bash Magic if we stink next season :roflmao: ? Magic deserves 3 years to get this turned around IMO, Patience. I am not sure who is worse the Lakers fan base or Colts fan base? I frequent many Sites of both fanbases and 90% of both fanbases bash the teams constantly. Don't have a losing a season or miss the Playoffs otherwise the world is coming to an end. You guys wouldn't believe how many Colts fans hate Chuck Pagano and think he is the worst Coach in the league. Many Colts fans think Andrew Luck is overrated too. I bet you guys didn't know Luck is 25-0 in games where his Defense holds teams to 19 points or less in his career. That stat is mindboggling. Back to the Lakers, I was reading a ton of Posts over at ESPN and most of our fanbase thinks that Russell is a bust and we should trade him. I am talking 1000 of Posts from people from Cali on different threads. I honestly believe most people don't have a clue about sports, glad we have this Site where we at least have a few people in here that have common sense.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:30 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:I wonder how long it will take 90% of Lakers fans to bash Magic if we stink next season :roflmao: ? Magic deserves 3 years to get this turned around IMO, Patience. I am not sure who is worse the Lakers fan base or Colts fan base? I frequent many Sites of both fanbases and 90% of both fanbases bash the teams constantly. Don't have a losing a season or miss the Playoffs otherwise the world is coming to an end. You guys wouldn't believe how many Colts fans hate Chuck Pagano and think he is the worst Coach in the league. Many Colts fans think Andrew Luck is overrated too. I bet you guys didn't know Luck is 25-0 in games where his Defense holds teams to 19 points or less in his career. That stat is mindboggling. Back to the Lakers, I was reading a ton of Posts over at ESPN and most of our fanbase thinks that Russell is a bust and we should trade him. I am talking 1000 of Posts from people from Cali on different threads. I honestly believe most people don't have a clue about sports, glad we have this Site where we at least have a few people in here that have common sense.

Not long. About 30 games. Just like this season on Tom's blog where they all preached patience, but predictably blew up.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:25 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:I wonder how long it will take 90% of Lakers fans to bash Magic if we stink next season :roflmao: ? Magic deserves 3 years to get this turned around IMO, Patience. I am not sure who is worse the Lakers fan base or Colts fan base? I frequent many Sites of both fanbases and 90% of both fanbases bash the teams constantly. Don't have a losing a season or miss the Playoffs otherwise the world is coming to an end. You guys wouldn't believe how many Colts fans hate Chuck Pagano and think he is the worst Coach in the league. Many Colts fans think Andrew Luck is overrated too. I bet you guys didn't know Luck is 25-0 in games where his Defense holds teams to 19 points or less in his career. That stat is mindboggling. Back to the Lakers, I was reading a ton of Posts over at ESPN and most of our fanbase thinks that Russell is a bust and we should trade him. I am talking 1000 of Posts from people from Cali on different threads. I honestly believe most people don't have a clue about sports, glad we have this Site where we at least have a few people in here that have common sense.

Not long. About 30 games. Just like this season on Tom's blog where they all preached patience, but predictably blew up.

I am critical of Russell at times but he is far from a bust, some Lakers fans make me want to puke to be honest. Yeah sometimes I get a little impatient but Rome wasn't built in a day even I know that. Some fans need to get a grip of their favorite teams with winning traditions. Lakers and Colts fans should be fans that should be grateful for many reasons, instead most of them want to whine. I just go by what I read on other Sites. Spoiled freakin fanbases :roflmao:
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:21 pm

Was over at Tom's and Tom did the trade machine suggesting:
Clarkson, Randle, and Nance for Paul George or
Ingram and Clarkson for Paul George

-Larry would not do either IMO. Ingram and Russell both would have to be in the deal probably with Randle as well. If Larry agreed to the 1st trade I would jump all over that if I was Magic because we wouldn't lose Ingram or Russell.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:15 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:Was over at Tom's and Tom did the trade machine suggesting:
Clarkson, Randle, and Nance for Paul George or
Ingram and Clarkson for Paul George

-Larry would not do either IMO. Ingram and Russell both would have to be in the deal probably with Randle as well. If Larry agreed to the 1st trade I would jump all over that if I was Magic because we wouldn't lose Ingram or Russell.

The Celtics are the only team that has a shot at Paul George today.
KobeMVP888

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk