Game 55: 04/13/21 Lakers at Hornets GAME THREAD

Game 55: 04/13/21 Lakers at Hornets GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:05 am

(33-21) LAKERS AT HORNETS (27-25)

Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 5:00 PM PDT
Spectrum Center, Charlotte, NC

Referees: James Capers (#19), Leon Wood (#40), Bennie Adams (#47)

Replay Center: David Guthrie, Scott Twardoski

Line: Hornets -2.0
O/U: 207.5

National TV: NBA League Pass only
Local TV: Spectrum SportsNet

GAME PREVIEW: LAKERS AT HORNETS: Time to bring out the bigs

by Christian Rivas, @RadRivas, silverscreenandroll.com

The Charlotte Hornets are starving for some size in the front court. That’s why they were one of several teams that made a hard push for Andre Drummond when he was bought out by the Cleveland Cavaliers in March.

Fortunately for the Los Angeles Lakers, Drummond chose them in free agency, and they’ll be hoping that he has a bounce-back against the Hornets on Tuesday. Drummond wasn’t particularly bad against the Knicks on Monday, but he definitely wasn’t as impactful as he was against the Nets on Saturday. In 25 minutes against the Knicks, Drummond tallied 3 points, 10 rebounds and four turnovers. He was also a -3 in the box score.

Drummond will have more games like Monday, especially while LeBron James and Anthony Davis are out, because of his limitations on offense, but he’ll also have nights where he feasts against lesser bigs on opposing teams.

And with all due respect to the Hornets, who have exceeded expectations this season, Tuesday night should be one of those nights for Drummond. The same can be said for Harrell, who had arguably his worst game in a Lakers uniform on Monday, and Marc Gasol, who was effective in the limited minutes he got against the Knicks.

Notes and Updates

- Markieff Morris suffered an ankle injury against the Knicks on Monday, but he was able to finish the game after having it taped up. After the game, Morris said he’s going to receive treatment and then be re-evaluated tomorrow.

- Alfonzo McKinnie wasn’t on the Lakers’ bench on Monday due to the NBA’s COVID-19 health and safety protocols, but he was cleared to travel with the team to Charlotte.

- LeBron James (right ankle sprain), Anthony Davis (right calf strain) and Jared Dudley (right MCL tear) remain out for the Lakers.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/202 ... ounce-back
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: Game 55: 04/13/21 Lakers at Hornets GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:16 am

I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:51 pm

Nice win tonight, Kuzma put in 24, Caruso hit a clutch 3 at the end to seal the game. Pretty much doing what we need to do, playing .500 ball until LeBron and AD return. Maintaining which is good. 34-21 now on the season, still in that 5th spot. Only 17 games left, per ESPN we now have a 98% chance of making the playoffs/a playin game, I guess the 2% chance we don't is based on we just flop the rest of the season lol. That won't happen.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:48 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:Image

So yeah . . what a way to follow up a bubble championship. Never fear -- :imok: -- the Purp & Gold Dr. Buss Bruce Hulk Banner :boozbuds: will be hoisted into the rafters May 12th, just in time for us to *crosses fingers* wrap up that 4th seed and then enter the Dr. Buss Banner Strange Multiverse of Madness, in which of course we will be playing the role of the Baylor Bears - the threat to upset anybody in the West. We all know they're scared of us returning to 100% full strength just in time for this truncated 72 game practice season to come to a close. Came too soon? Oh that's what she said :roflmao: :tmi:

:pissedkobe:
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:32 pm

"Frank Vogel isn't complaining about the Los Angeles Lakers finishing a seven-game road trip with a 4-3 record.

"I think all of our guys are really fatigued right now," the Lakers' second-year head coach said. "We are stretched really thin with all of the injuries and the compact schedule. To come out of it 4-3 on this stretch, we feel good about that."

Kyle Kuzma scored 24 points, and the Lakers held on for a hard-fought 101-93 win against a Charlotte Hornets team missing five of its top six scorers on Tuesday night.

"That was a big shot to seal the game," Vogel said of Caruso, who finished with 13 points and six assists. "He does so much dirty work for us that it was great to see him hit that shot. ... He was the star of the game."

Added Drummond: "He's a hell of a player. His plus-minus numbers say it. When he's on the floor good things happen."
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:19 am

Nice, but ugly win! Defense wins championships and what is important right now is that Coach Vogel can plug and play anyone to a tenacious, switchy defense during these scrimmages. Hopefully, LeBron and AD will come back rested, healthy and ready and have enough time to develop chemistry with AD2. The Big Penguin appears to be buying into his role as Dwight Howard's replacement, albeit he is no Dwight Howard of last season IMO.

Letting Dwight go was the biggest head scratcher of the off season. I could see letting JaVale go and complementing Dwight with Marc Gasol as a different look, but instead we signed Harrell and I'm concerned that he'll be the same bust in the playoffs that he was last season. I was never a fan of his. Let's face it. We should have kept the band together. It would have been easy enough to do.

Yet I digress ...
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:43 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:Nice, but ugly win! Defense wins championships and what is important right now is that Coach Vogel can plug and play anyone to a tenacious, switchy defense during these scrimmages. Hopefully, LeBron and AD will come back rested, healthy and ready and have enough time to develop chemistry with AD2. The Big Penguin appears to be buying into his role as Dwight Howard's replacement, albeit he is no Dwight Howard of last season IMO.

Letting Dwight go was the biggest head scratcher of the off season. I could see letting JaVale go and complementing Dwight with Marc Gasol as a different look, but instead we signed Harrell and I'm concerned that he'll be the same bust in the playoffs that he was last season. I was never a fan of his. Let's face it. We should have kept the band together. It would have been easy enough to do.

Yet I digress ...

Yep, I would've kept Dwight, let McGee go and would not of signed Gasol. Frank Vogel has always been a great defensive coach, that is why Indy was so good from 2012-2014, anyone that can get Roy Hibbert play at an all-star level must be a God :roflmao: . He also helped make Paul George a 2-way player. 3 things will win us the Championship again = play great Defense, Rebounding - stay even in this dept with our opponent, and at least make 10 3's a game against the better teams. We do those 3 things we will repeat.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Return to LakerTalk