Here would be the ultimate Final 8 since 1977 post ABA

Re: Here would be the ultimate Final 8 since 1977 post ABA

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon May 18, 2020 11:24 am

We have two Game 7's:

The 1987 Lakers vs the 2001 Lakers are 3-3 and the 1996 Bulls vs the 1986 Celtics are 3-3. Games will be determined over the weekend, Goodnight folks :rthup:

Game 7 has been decided between the 1987 Lakers vs the 2001 Lakers. I was torn on this because both teams were so great. I just can't see Showtime losing this series with 2 of the top 3 players of all-time on it (Magic and Kareem), not to mention having a top 50 player ever in James Worthy. Shaq and Kobe are incredible but that Showtime team was just deeper. It really had no weaknesses once they added Mychal Thompson to sure up the middle in 1987. They had too because the Rockets at that time had 2 legit Centers in Hakeem and Ralph. The Celtics also had a huge frontline. Game 7 basically came down to who had the ball last and as time expired Kareem was fouled. With the 1987 Lakers trailing 103-102, he stepped to the line and made both FT's giving the 1987 Lakers a 104-103 win. .02 was put back on the clock but the 2001 Lakers were out of timeouts and could do nothing with it. James Worthy led the Lakers in scoring with 28 Points (that is why he is called Big Game James), Magic had 22 Points and 11 Assists, Kareem added 20 Points. Kobe Bryant scored a game high 34 Points for the 2001 Lakers and Shaq added 32 Points. The 1987 Lakers win series 4-3.

This has been a heated topic on ESPN all week about who belongs on the Mt Rushmore in basketball? I have:
Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, and LeBron James. The debate all week has been should it be Bill Russell or Magic Johnson who belongs. Their list of greatest players had Magic at #5. I think one huge criteria to be on Mt Rushmore is being the greatest player to play your position. Bill Russell wasn't the greatest Center ever, not even 2nd IMO (Wilt was 2nd and I am not so sure Shaq isn't 3rd). Jordan was the greatest SG, Magic greatest PG, Kareem greatest Center, and LeBron greatest SF who can even play PF. LeBron edges Bird out barely much like Jordan does Kobe.

Game 7 of the 1996 Bulls vs the 1986 Celtics has not yet been determined.

Game 7 is in and it's over. The 1996 Bulls defeat the 1986 Celtics 98-93 to advance. Michael Jordan was just too much scoring 40 Points, the 1996 Bulls defense was stifling in this one. Larry Bird did score 21 Points and Kevin McHale 20 but it wasn't enough for the 1986 Celtics. Dennis Rodman simply held his own against that great front line of the Celtics. Dennis had 17 Rebounds. The 1996 Bulls win series 4-3.

The Finals for greatest team ever comes down to the 1987 Lakers vs the 1996 Bulls. I have stated over and over that I think the 1987 Lakers have the greatest team ever but that doesn't mean they will win this series. They are going against a team that is pretty equal to them and the greatest player ever in Michael Jordan. I am not sure where I am going here? Of course I want to be bias and say the 1987 Lakers will win but I may not go that way so it isn't a given like many may think I will go. This will be worth following, just don't be mad at me if the 1996 Bulls win this. I damn near had the 2001 Lakers beating Showtime.

Tale of the tape going into the series:
Coaching - Pat Riley vs Phil Jackson = I say even

PG position - Magic Johnson vs Ron Harper = Advantage 1987 Lakers

SG position - Byron Scott vs Michael Jordan = Advantage 1996 Bulls

SF position - James Worthy vs Scottie Pippen = I say even

PF position - AC Green vs Dennis Rodman = Advantage 1996 Bulls

C position - Kareem vs Luc Longley = Advantage 1987 Lakers

6th man - Michael Cooper vs Toni Kukoc = I say even

a key 7th man for each team - Mychal Thompson vs Steve Kerr, 2 different players but I say even

-4 evens and 2 advantages the 1987 Lakers have and 2 advantages the 1996 Bulls have.

This series is a 50/50 series. Magic and Michael clash! The 1996 Bulls do have an advantage where they can play Scottie on Magic to try and hamper Magic at times like they did in 1991 but the 1987 Lakers have a huge advantage at Center. Vlade isn't the Center in this series, it is Kareem. The team of the 80's vs the team of the 90's!

Back to the Mt Rushmore talk, LeBron's natural position is SF not PG or PF. Magic is the best PG ever. How anyone can put Wilt ahead of Kareem is completely puzzling. Kareem won 6 League MVP's, 6 Championships, 2 Finals MVP's, and is the all-time leading scorer in NBA history. Kareem was the better player. Kareem even won a championship without Magic when he played for Milwaukee.

ESPN did their Top 10 players ever list, here is my updated list:
10. Tim Duncan
9. Bill Russell
8. Shaq O'Neal
7. Larry Bird
6. Wilt Chamberlain
5. Kobe Bryant
4. LeBron James
3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
2. Magic Johnson
1. Michael Jordan
- I have the same 10 players they have but in slightly different order. Magic doesn't get his just due because he had his career cut short. He went to 9 Finals in 12 years, won 5 championships, shot a better career FG% than LeBron has, and was much better at that FT line than LeBron is. Magic won't have the huge numbers that LeBron will end up with but it is because he only played 12.5 seasons. Magic also won the championship as a rookie and Finals MVP, nobody in history has ever done that. The eye test alone tells anyone that Magic is the 2nd best player ever. He could do everything LeBron does except LeBron is a better defensive player but Magic was more clutch so it offsets. Magic was even just as tall so no advantage for LeBron there either. I can go on and on and LeBron is on my Mt Rushmore but Magic was better.

Leading up to Game 1 which isn't until Thursday, here are some comments from the players: MIchael Jordan (fiction) - We just played a grueling series against the greatest front line ever in the 1986 Celtics. Larry Bird is a special player and Kevin McHale presented all kinds of problems. Glad to have the time off.

Magic Johnson (fiction) - WooWee man I tell ya (smiling and grinning), just glad to be here after playing the other Lakers team. We are really lucky but we had the big fella who stepped up at the line (Kareem made 2 key FT's to win Game 6 in the 1988 Finals vs the Pistons). First we had to go through LeBron and Wade, then Kobe and Shaq, now it will be Michael and Scottie coming up. Here we go, get your popcorn ready and just watch and enjoy (Magic laughs).

Kareem (fiction) - Glad to be here (saying in a soft voice), Shaq wore me out, I am tired so the time off will be nice. This upcoming series will be another tough challenge, beating a team led by Michael Jordan will be like trying to beat Bruce Lee in a fight.

Scottie Pippen (fiction) - What a journey so far, beating perhaps the deepest and most physical team in NBA history in the 1989 Pistons, then beating a physical team like the 1986 Celtics with Larry Bird as their leader. Glad to be here and we will give it our best to try and pull this out. The team we are playing now can run you off the floor so it's about defense.

Who would win a 7 game series between the 1987 Lakers vs the 1996 Bulls?
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon May 18, 2020 9:08 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:We have two Game 7's:

The 1987 Lakers vs the 2001 Lakers are 3-3 and the 1996 Bulls vs the 1986 Celtics are 3-3. Games will be determined over the weekend, Goodnight folks :rthup:

Game 7 has been decided between the 1987 Lakers vs the 2001 Lakers. I was torn on this because both teams were so great. I just can't see Showtime losing this series with 2 of the top 3 players of all-time on it (Magic and Kareem), not to mention having a top 50 player ever in James Worthy. Shaq and Kobe are incredible but that Showtime team was just deeper. It really had no weaknesses once they added Mychal Thompson to sure up the middle in 1987. They had too because the Rockets at that time had 2 legit Centers in Hakeem and Ralph. The Celtics also had a huge frontline. Game 7 basically came down to who had the ball last and as time expired Kareem was fouled. With the 1987 Lakers trailing 103-102, he stepped to the line and made both FT's giving the 1987 Lakers a 104-103 win. .02 was put back on the clock but the 2001 Lakers were out of timeouts and could do nothing with it. James Worthy led the Lakers in scoring with 28 Points (that is why he is called Big Game James), Magic had 22 Points and 11 Assists, Kareem added 20 Points. Kobe Bryant scored a game high 34 Points for the 2001 Lakers and Shaq added 32 Points. The 1987 Lakers win series 4-3.

This has been a heated topic on ESPN all week about who belongs on the Mt Rushmore in basketball? I have:
Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, and LeBron James. The debate all week has been should it be Bill Russell or Magic Johnson who belongs. Their list of greatest players had Magic at #5. I think one huge criteria to be on Mt Rushmore is being the greatest player to play your position. Bill Russell wasn't the greatest Center ever, not even 2nd IMO (Wilt was 2nd and I am not so sure Shaq isn't 3rd). Jordan was the greatest SG, Magic greatest PG, Kareem greatest Center, and LeBron greatest SF who can even play PF. LeBron edges Bird out barely much like Jordan does Kobe.

Game 7 of the 1996 Bulls vs the 1986 Celtics has not yet been determined.

Game 7 is in and it's over. The 1996 Bulls defeat the 1986 Celtics 98-93 to advance. Michael Jordan was just too much scoring 40 Points, the 1996 Bulls defense was stifling in this one. Larry Bird did score 21 Points and Kevin McHale 20 but it wasn't enough for the 1986 Celtics. Dennis Rodman simply held his own against that great front line of the Celtics. Dennis had 17 Rebounds. The 1996 Bulls win series 4-3.

The Finals for greatest team ever comes down to the 1987 Lakers vs the 1996 Bulls. I have stated over and over that I think the 1987 Lakers have the greatest team ever but that doesn't mean they will win this series. They are going against a team that is pretty equal to them and the greatest player ever in Michael Jordan. I am not sure where I am going here? Of course I want to be bias and say the 1987 Lakers will win but I may not go that way so it isn't a given like many may think I will go. This will be worth following, just don't be mad at me if the 1996 Bulls win this. I damn near had the 2001 Lakers beating Showtime.

Tale of the tape going into the series:
Coaching - Pat Riley vs Phil Jackson = I say even

PG position - Magic Johnson vs Ron Harper = Advantage 1987 Lakers

SG position - Byron Scott vs Michael Jordan = Advantage 1996 Bulls

SF position - James Worthy vs Scottie Pippen = I say even

PF position - AC Green vs Dennis Rodman = Advantage 1996 Bulls

C position - Kareem vs Luc Longley = Advantage 1987 Lakers

6th man - Michael Cooper vs Toni Kukoc = I say even

a key 7th man for each team - Mychal Thompson vs Steve Kerr, 2 different players but I say even

-4 evens and 2 advantages the 1987 Lakers have and 2 advantages the 1996 Bulls have.

This series is a 50/50 series. Magic and Michael clash! The 1996 Bulls do have an advantage where they can play Scottie on Magic to try and hamper Magic at times like they did in 1991 but the 1987 Lakers have a huge advantage at Center. Vlade isn't the Center in this series, it is Kareem. The team of the 80's vs the team of the 90's!

Back to the Mt Rushmore talk, LeBron's natural position is SF not PG or PF. Magic is the best PG ever. How anyone can put Wilt ahead of Kareem is completely puzzling. Kareem won 6 League MVP's, 6 Championships, 2 Finals MVP's, and is the all-time leading scorer in NBA history. Kareem was the better player. Kareem even won a championship without Magic when he played for Milwaukee.

ESPN did their Top 10 players ever list, here is my updated list:
10. Tim Duncan
9. Bill Russell
8. Shaq O'Neal
7. Larry Bird
6. Wilt Chamberlain
5. Kobe Bryant
4. LeBron James
3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
2. Magic Johnson
1. Michael Jordan
- I have the same 10 players they have but in slightly different order. Magic doesn't get his just due because he had his career cut short. He went to 9 Finals in 12 years, won 5 championships, shot a better career FG% than LeBron has, and was much better at that FT line than LeBron is. Magic won't have the huge numbers that LeBron will end up with but it is because he only played 12.5 seasons. Magic also won the championship as a rookie and Finals MVP, nobody in history has ever done that. The eye test alone tells anyone that Magic is the 2nd best player ever. He could do everything LeBron does except LeBron is a better defensive player but Magic was more clutch so it offsets. Magic was even just as tall so no advantage for LeBron there either. I can go on and on and LeBron is on my Mt Rushmore but Magic was better.

Leading up to Game 1 which isn't until Thursday, here are some comments from the players: MIchael Jordan (fiction) - We just played a grueling series against the greatest front line ever in the 1986 Celtics. Larry Bird is a special player and Kevin McHale presented all kinds of problems. Glad to have the time off.

Magic Johnson (fiction) - WooWee man I tell ya (smiling and grinning), just glad to be here after playing the other Lakers team. We are really lucky but we had the big fella who stepped up at the line (Kareem made 2 key FT's to win Game 6 in the 1988 Finals vs the Pistons). First we had to go through LeBron and Wade, then Kobe and Shaq, now it will be Michael and Scottie coming up. Here we go, get your popcorn ready and just watch and enjoy (Magic laughs).

Kareem (fiction) - Glad to be here (saying in a soft voice), Shaq wore me out, I am tired so the time off will be nice. This upcoming series will be another tough challenge, beating a team led by Michael Jordan will be like trying to beat Bruce Lee in a fight.

Scottie Pippen (fiction) - What a journey so far, beating perhaps the deepest and most physical team in NBA history in the 1989 Pistons, then beating a physical team like the 1986 Celtics with Larry Bird as their leader. Glad to be here and we will give it our best to try and pull this out. The team we are playing now can run you off the floor so it's about defense.

Who would win a 7 game series between the 1987 Lakers vs the 1996 Bulls?

ESPN, Facebook, Twitter just pushes the narrative who is better Jordan or LeBron. Sad because Magic was better than LeBron and Kareem has accomplished more. The younger generation just doesn't know, they never seen Magic or Kareem play.

Magic vs LeBron:
-Magic 9 Finals, LeBron 9 Finals = even, Magic did that in 12 seasons lol
-Magic 5 Championships, LeBron 3 Championships = Magic wins
-Magic was a more efficient player too, he shot a better FG% and a lot better FT%. He was a better leader and more clutch. Magic won't have the numbers that LeBron will because his career got cut short but at their peak's I would take Magic all day. Magic is the all-time leader in career Assist average = 11.2 a year, he won a championship as a rookie and won MVP of the Finals when Kareem was injured. Only someone that is 35 years old or younger would think different. LeBron is in my Mt Rushmore because he is the greatest SF ever but some the media's narratives are just way off. It makes me laugh daily. LeBron is a beast and I hope we win a championship with him but we will see??

Kobe is top 5 too, these people that have him ranked 8th, 9th, 10th. I mean really :pissedkobe:
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue May 19, 2020 11:19 pm

Regarding today's players, I still think LeBron is the best player. Kawhi Leonard or Giannis are ready to take the throne but not yet. Durant's injury has me concerned, Durant is a great player though. Curry is the greatest 3 point shooter ever, even better than Reggie Miller IMO but will never be the best player in the league. Even when the Warriors were winning championships, LeBron was still the best player. Warriors just had a better team.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed May 20, 2020 10:49 pm

NBA Basketball looks like it is coming back in July from what I have been reading. I hope you guys have enjoyed reading this thread I have created. I mean with no basketball I had to do something :roflmao: . Game 1 of the 1987 Lakers vs the 1996 Bulls is tomorrow in this fun fictional thread regarding my tournament.

Regarding as of now, my top 5 players in 2021 looking forward would be:
1. LeBron James - still the king, Lakers should win the championship if play resumes.
2. Kawhi Leonard - as an opponent, he scares me more than Giannis.
3. Giannis
4. Kevin Durant if 100% - 2 years ago (2018) he was an easy #2 behind LeBron.
5. Stephen Curry - guy is just lethal from 3. He is better than Harden when 100% IMO.
-A. Davis would be 5b.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu May 21, 2020 1:06 pm

The old CBS Intro (cue the music with Brent Musburger talking fiction), The 1987 Lakers entered this tournament as the #1 seed and they have lived upto it, knocking off LeBron James and the 2013 Heat, Kobe Bryant and 2001 Lakers, but now they have to face Michael and the 1996 Bulls. The 1996 Bulls defeated the 1989 Pistons and the 1986 Celtics to get here and now it is put up or shut up time, Magic vs Michael folks. Get ready to enjoy!
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu May 21, 2020 7:24 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:The old CBS Intro (cue the music with Brent Musburger talking fiction), The 1987 Lakers entered this tournament as the #1 seed and they have lived upto it, knocking off LeBron James and the 2013 Heat, Kobe Bryant and 2001 Lakers, but now they have to face Michael and the 1996 Bulls. The 1996 Bulls defeated the 1989 Pistons and the 1986 Celtics to get here and now it is put up or shut up time, Magic vs Michael folks. Get ready to enjoy!

Game 1 is complete between the 1987 Lakers vs the 1996 Bulls. Lakers fans can breathe a sigh of relief for now as they pulled off a dramatic Game 1 win 93-92. The 1996 Bulls had a chance to win it at the end but Michael Jordan's last desperation shot from 20 feet at the buzzer just spun out. Magic Johnson hit the game winning FT's with just 3 seconds left to put the Lakers up 93-92. Jordan got the inbound pass and just missed the game winner after Phil Jackson drew up a great play. Cooper was in Jordan's face as Pat Riley had Coop on Jordan on the final play. Both teams played good defense throughout the game, the 1987 Lakers got their fast break going at times but not much as the 1996 Bulls made it more of a halfcourt game.

Team leaders: James Worthy led the 1987 Lakers in scoring with 25 Points, Magic had only 17 Points but had 14 Assists + the game winning FT's, Kareem scored 18 Points taking advantage of some mismatches. Pippen was put on Magic a lot in the 2nd half but Magic was able to get it to Kareem and Worthy at key times when he did get bottled up. Pippen committed a crucial foul at the end when Magic drove to the hoop, it is Magic Johnson so he will get that call. For the 1996 Bulls, Michael Jordan did score 31 Points but was only 12-27 from the field hitting only one 3, 6-8 from the FT line.

After the game here are some comments from the players: Magic commented (fiction) - Man it is huge getting Game 1, now the pressure is on them. Michael Jordan commented (fiction) - it is only one game, nothing to panic over. I had a chance at the end to win it and just missed, it happens. I will be ready for Game 2. Pat Riley commented (fiction) - we are really fortunate to get this one but a long way to go.

This is the 3rd straight series that the 1996 Bulls have lost Game 1, in the previous two series the 1996 Bulls came back to win vs the 1989 Pistons and 1986 Celtics. Can they do it again? The 1987 Lakers lead series 1-0.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri May 22, 2020 9:50 am

In sad news, Jerry Sloan passed away today at the age of 78. He coached the Utah Jazz for 23 seasons and coached the Jazz to 2 Finals appearances in 1997 and 1998. I still say those 2 Jazz teams are the best ever not to win a championship for franchises that have never won a championship. Jordan was just simply that great blocking Stockton and Malone. Anyway RIP coach Sloan, he is a top 10 coach ever.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri May 22, 2020 1:11 pm

Game 2 of the 1987 Lakers vs the 1996 Bulls results won't be in until Sunday. I have to draw this out now until we get some real NBA :roflmao: . The 1987 Lakers hold a 1-0 lead with a 93-92 win in Game 1. The 1996 Bulls will have their work cut out for them to win the series now. They have to win 4 of the next 6 to do so. They did vs the 1989 Pistons and the 1986 Celtics but the 1987 Lakers are slightly better than those teams. Phil Jackson commented when asked why his team keeps losing Game 1's (fiction) - Not sure why, we are prepared the same but sometimes when you play a new opponent it is about figuring them out. Usually I can do that along with Michael adapting to an opponent's style. Jackson went on to say (fiction) - Obviously we need to win Game 2, falling behind 0-2 against a great team like the 1987 Lakers would make it near impossible to come back and win the series.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun May 24, 2020 6:12 am

Game 2 has been completed folks. We have a new series but I seen it coming. The 1996 Bulls defeat the 1987 Lakers 106-101. A higher scoring game than in Game 1. The 1996 Bulls ran a bit more as Dennis Rodman controlled the boards with 18 total. Michael Jordan poured in 41 Points and Scottie Pippen 20 Points as well. The 1987 Lakers fell way behind early but did muster up a comeback but it wasn't enough. Magic Johnson scored 20 Points with 10 Assists, James Worthy chipped in with 19 Points, Kareem had a rare off game with only 14 Points. Phil Jackson was using several different people to guard Kareem in this one and it just tired Kareem out. Byron Scott was a bright point for the 1987 Lakers scoring 17 Points as he has been inconsistent throughout these playoffs. Now it comes down too the best of 5 between these 2 great teams. Series is tied at 1-1.

After the game here are some player comments: Michael Jordan (fiction) - Big win after losing Game 1. I had my rhythm going tonight and Dennis did a hell of a job on the Boards. Phil Jackson (fiction) - We were able to get easier baskets this game with the way Dennis was Rebounding on the fast break and of course Michael was incredible. We also did a good job of disrupting Kareem. Magic Johnson (fiction) - They have done a good job at not letting our fast break beat them so far. Now it is the best of 5, first one to 3 wins takes it all. Nothing more needs to be said (smiling).
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun May 24, 2020 7:43 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:Game 2 has been completed folks. We have a new series but I seen it coming. The 1996 Bulls defeat the 1987 Lakers 106-101. A higher scoring game than in Game 1. The 1996 Bulls ran a bit more as Dennis Rodman controlled the boards with 18 total. Michael Jordan poured in 41 Points and Scottie Pippen 20 Points as well. The 1987 Lakers fell way behind early but did muster up a comeback but it wasn't enough. Magic Johnson scored 20 Points with 10 Assists, James Worthy chipped in with 19 Points, Kareem had a rare off game with only 14 Points. Phil Jackson was using several different people to guard Kareem in this one and it just tired Kareem out. Byron Scott was a bright point for the 1987 Lakers scoring 17 Points as he has been inconsistent throughout these playoffs. Now it comes down too the best of 5 between these 2 great teams. Series is tied at 1-1.

After the game here are some player comments: Michael Jordan (fiction) - Big win after losing Game 1. I had my rhythm going tonight and Dennis did a hell of a job on the Boards. Phil Jackson (fiction) - We were able to get easier baskets this game with the way Dennis was Rebounding on the fast break and of course Michael was incredible. We also did a good job of disrupting Kareem. Magic Johnson (fiction) - They have done a good job at not letting our fast break beat them so far. Now it is the best of 5, first one to 3 wins takes it all. Nothing more needs to be said (smiling).

A nice treat on a Sunday:
Guess what Game 3 results are in. The 1987 Lakers got their fast break going in this one matching the 1996 Bulls Game 2's score at 106. The 1987 Lakers defeat the 1996 Bulls in almost an identical score of Game 2 106-102. Big Game James scored 30 Points for the 1987 Lakers and Magic dished out 14 Assists while scoring 18 Points. Kareem added 22 Points. Michael Jordan scored 38 Points for the 1996 Bulls but it wasn't enough. Teams that win Game 3 to go up 2-1 win 77% of all series, looking great for the city of LA about now. The 1987 Lakers lead series 2-1.

After the game a very happy Magic Johnson commented (fiction) - Our fast break was Showtime today in a lot of ways, just 2 wins away from winning the ultimate Championship. Michael Jordan commented (fiction) - The series is still far from over, this is a game we could've won, it is cute but no panic on our part. Have to re-group and get Game 4.

Game 4 results won't be in until sometime later this week. Enjoy your holiday folks, stay safe and be well as this Corona Virus has been brutal and has disruptive many life's.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed May 27, 2020 12:26 pm

Game 4 results are in: The 1996 Bulls defeat the 1987 Lakers 104-100 to even the series. The 1987 Lakers looked like they were on the verge of taking control of the series but Michael Jordan poured in 45 Points to insure the 1996 Bulls get the series even. It now comes down to the best of 3 between these two great teams. Both teams look exhausted. They are keeping quiet and staying focused in their hotels, eating well, and getting rest now. Every game has been close in this series. Series is tied at 2-2. :kingclaphands:

What will be the keys that determine this series? Kareem taking over inside? Worthy coming up big? Magic being the perfect PG and getting everyone involved? Jordan just taking over? Pippen's defense? Rodman's Rebounding? How about Coaching, so far Riley vs Jackson has been even?

Game 5 results will be in over the weekend sometime. :cheers:
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed May 27, 2020 12:55 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:Game 4 results are in: The 1996 Bulls defeat the 1987 Lakers 104-100 to even the series. The 1987 Lakers looked like they were on the verge of taking control of the series but Michael Jordan poured in 45 Points to insure the 1996 Bulls get the series even. It now comes down to the best of 3 between these two great teams. Both teams look exhausted. They are keeping quiet and staying focused in their hotels, eating well, and getting rest now. Every game has been close in this series. Series is tied at 2-2. :kingclaphands:

What will be the keys that determine this series? Kareem taking over inside? Worthy coming up big? Magic being the perfect PG and getting everyone involved? Jordan just taking over? Pippen's defense? Rodman's Rebounding? How about Coaching, so far Riley vs Jackson has been even?

Game 5 results will be in over the weekend sometime. :cheers:

So far in the series both teams almost have identical stats:
-The 1987 Lakers are averaging 100 Points a game. The 1996 Bulls are averaging 101 Points a game. It has been about defense mostly but in Game 2 the 1996 Bulls scored 106 and in Game 3 Showtime finally came out and scored 106 and was very entertaining. Game 5 will be interesting. The 1987 Lakers are shooting a slightly better FG% for the series but the 1996 Bulls have outRebounded the 1987 Lakers to make up for it. Rodman is averaging 15 Rebounds a game so far.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun May 31, 2020 12:31 pm

What a game this was folks, Game 5 is completed. It went to double OT as the 1987 Lakers defeat the 1996 Bulls in perhaps the best finals game ever played of any kind. The 1987 Lakers won this 123-121 in double OT. End of regulation was 104-104, end of 1st OT was 114-114. Bryon Scott hit a key jump shot with 1 second left at the end of regulation to send it into OT. Michael Jordan sank 2 FT's with no time on the clock to send it to double OT. In the 2nd OT, Jordan made the game tying shot with 7 seconds left but James Worthy made a tip in shot at the buzzer to win it off of a Magic miss. This game had it all and we still have at least another game. For the 1987 Lakers, Worthy lead the way with 33 Points, Magic had 27 Points-also 19 Assists, Kareem had 21 Points, and Scott scored 17 Points. For the 1996 Bulls, Jordan scored 50 Points and was remarkable, Pippen added 27 Points, Kukoc added 19 Points. Rodman had 20 Rebounds! A silent hero in this game was AC Green who battled Rodman all game and grabbed 14 Rebounds while playing great defense. The 1987 Lakers lead series 3-2.

Comments will come a little later on perhaps the greatest Finals game ever played in a fictional tournament. This gives the 1987 Lakers a ton of momentum heading into Game 6 but not much bothers Jordan.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun May 31, 2020 7:20 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:What a game this was folks, Game 5 is completed. It went to double OT as the 1987 Lakers defeat the 1996 Bulls in perhaps the best finals game ever played of any kind. The 1987 Lakers won this 123-121 in double OT. End of regulation was 104-104, end of 1st OT was 114-114. Bryon Scott hit a key jump shot with 1 second left at the end of regulation to send it into OT. Michael Jordan sank 2 FT's with no time on the clock to send it to double OT. In the 2nd OT, Jordan made the game tying shot with 7 seconds left but James Worthy made a tip in shot at the buzzer to win it off of a Magic miss. This game had it all and we still have at least another game. For the 1987 Lakers, Worthy lead the way with 33 Points, Magic had 27 Points-also 19 Assists, Kareem had 21 Points, and Scott scored 17 Points. For the 1996 Bulls, Jordan scored 50 Points and was remarkable, Pippen added 27 Points, Kukoc added 19 Points. Rodman had 20 Rebounds! A silent hero in this game was AC Green who battled Rodman all game and grabbed 14 Rebounds while playing great defense. The 1987 Lakers lead series 3-2.

Comments will come a little later on perhaps the greatest Finals game ever played in a fictional tournament. This gives the 1987 Lakers a ton of momentum heading into Game 6 but not much bothers Jordan.

Michael Jordan after the game (fictional) - Tough loss, this is the toughest team I have ever played against. We will get Game 6 (with a wink) than it is anyone's series. Nobody wants to take me on in a Game 7. Magic commented (fiction) - Man what a game, we need one more, time for a long icetub :roflmao:
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:08 pm

It is June so it is normally NBA Finals time. Game 6 results are in. The 1996 Bulls defeat the 1987 Lakers 105-93 in the widest margin of any game so far. The 1987 Lakers just didn't play with the urgency that the 1996 Bulls played with. The 1996 Bulls were of course led by Michael Jordan, who scored 41 Points and set the tone early. Pippen played awesome defense and scored 26 Points, and Kukoc scored 14 Points. Magic only scored 16 Points in this one, Worthy only had 15 Points. Byron Scott had 22 but the Bulls let him get his. Kareem only had 14 points. We have a Game 7 folks and it will be treated like the SB, it comes down to 1 game for all the marbles! Game 7 results may not be in for a week because it is June and the Finals always go into June. The series is tied 3-3.

Who wins a Game 7 between the 1987 Lakers vs the 1996 Bulls?
3Peatkb24

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk