The Lakers Discussion Thread

Re: The Lakers Discussion Thread

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:47 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:Per: Adrian Wojo,

Dwight Howard is a Laker! I called it and I am ok with it. He is a good player. :xclaphands:

Lakers signed him to a 1 year non-guaranteed contract. We have nothing to lose, this is a steal. I could care less how he rubbed me wrong or other Lakers fans back in the summer of 2013. This isn't the same situation, he will be a great role player.

I'm having hot flashes back to 2012-13. I'm not at all optimistic about this despite all the glowing reports about his health and attitude. People don't change; they become more so. Maybe he is in excellent shape and maybe his back is pain free (we'll see how long that lasts). He is still Dwight Howard and will become a locker room problem. I think he will be cut loose before the start of the regular season. I think they should have signed Noah and Speights and, if Iggy becomes available, they can always cut loose Daniels or THT. JMO. But this the the Lakers and just like her father, Jeanie Buss is rolling the dice. Stay tuned.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #17 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby Julius Russell » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:04 pm

Dwight looked damn good in preseason. In terms of doing what we need from him. A bit stiff but still a big presence in The lane
Julius Russell

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:29 pm

Julius Russell wrote:Dwight looked damn good in preseason. In terms of doing what we need from him. A bit stiff but still a big presence in The lane

I think Dwight is going to have a good season. This is his last chance and he knows it. He is still a very good if not great defensive player. He is now on a loaded team as well, if he blows this chance to blend in then he might as well retire.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:13 pm

Just watched 1980 Finals Game 6 and was reminded how completely underwhelming Mo Cheeks, Dr. J and Darryl Dawkins were. Throw in Norm Nixon - who was clearly a non-factor to Magic and would soon be replaced by Byron Scott. Seeing young Pat Riley on the podium with glasses on, crazily chewing gum and smiling while Bret Musberger and Dr. Buss talked about the long-awaited championship was really funny. Magic was absolutely head-and-shoulders above anyone on the court that day.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:25 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Just watched 1980 Finals Game 6 and was reminded how completely underwhelming Mo Cheeks, Dr. J and Darryl Dawkins were. Throw in Norm Nixon - who was clearly a non-factor to Magic and would soon be replaced by Byron Scott. Seeing young Pat Riley on the podium with glasses on, crazily chewing gum and smiling while Bret Musberger and Dr. Buss talked about the long-awaited championship was really funny. Magic was absolutely head-and-shoulders above anyone on the court that day.

Magic was only 19 years old and made vets/grown men like DR J and Dawkins look like babies. Other than Jordan, Magic is the best basketball player I have ever seen. Kobe was like Jordan but Magic was just such a fantastic leader and could do it all.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:46 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:Just watched 1980 Finals Game 6 and was reminded how completely underwhelming Mo Cheeks, Dr. J and Darryl Dawkins were. Throw in Norm Nixon - who was clearly a non-factor to Magic and would soon be replaced by Byron Scott. Seeing young Pat Riley on the podium with glasses on, crazily chewing gum and smiling while Bret Musberger and Dr. Buss talked about the long-awaited championship was really funny. Magic was absolutely head-and-shoulders above anyone on the court that day.

Magic was only 19 years old and made vets/grown men like DR J and Dawkins look like babies. Other than Jordan, Magic is the best basketball player I have ever seen. Kobe was like Jordan but Magic was just such a fantastic leader and could do it all.

And LeBron in his 16th or whatever year is the closest thing to Magic we've seen. I hope we set the NBA on fire, all this Clipper hype is making my allergies act up. Muhfuckin grown men professional sports analysts are actually picking those bastards to win a championship. Not gonna happen.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:18 am

lakerevolution wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:

And LeBron in his 16th or whatever year is the closest thing to Magic we've seen. I hope we set the NBA on fire, all this Clipper hype is making my allergies act up. Muhfuckin grown men professional sports analysts are actually picking those bastards to win a championship. Not gonna happen.

LeBron has to prove it to us now. He has a team again that he can win a championship with. Great all-time player but can he improve his legacy and become a all-time great Laker?
3Peatkb24

Previous

Return to LakerTalk