The Lakers Discussion Thread

Re: The Lakers Discussion Thread

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:13 am

Kobe, you're next. I wonder how long he'll have to wait -- certainly not as long as Elgin.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/180406-e ... lor-statue
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:04 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Kobe, you're next. I wonder how long he'll have to wait -- certainly not as long as Elgin.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/180406-e ... lor-statue

I predict December.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:23 am

Up late sipping Cazadores Reposado and watching Lebron win his first playoff series, followed by Game 6 of the Lakers/Suns series in '06. In so many ways the set-off of the next 5 years of NBA action, as Kobe carried Odom to Candy Land twice, and LeBron matured enough to know his talent was not enough without Mr. Gabrielle Union.

We all miss Kobe, that fucking non-defending ballhog.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:43 am

lakerevolution wrote:Up late sipping Cazadores Reposado and watching Lebron win his first playoff series, followed by Game 6 of the Lakers/Suns series in '06. In so many ways the set-off of the next 5 years of NBA action, as Kobe carried Odom to Candy Land twice, and LeBron matured enough to know his talent was not enough without Mr. Gabrielle Union.

We all miss Kobe, that fucking non-defending ballhog.

I am sippin on Crown, watching Kill Bill 2 :roflmao:. In my eyes, Kobe will always be better than LeBron because he never left his team when times got tough = 2005-2007. LeBron just gave up on Cleveland in his 1st stint and took the sure thing by joining Wade and Bosh so he could win a Title. How the media and NBA fans doesn't hold that against him is just mindboggling. LeBron winning the 1 in Cleveland in 2016 was impressive vs the Warriors but the other 2 was a given. Actually the 1 he won in 2013, Ray Allen even had to save his ass :roflmao:. LeBron while a Top 10 player of all-time IMO and perhaps the best athlete the NBA has ever seen is overrated. When I say overrated, I mean ESPN as a whole and most people in general automatically say he's the 2nd best player ever behind only Jordan. He isn't better than Magic or has had the resume Kareem has had so -NO. I wish I could go on ESPN and tell Max Kellerman and Stephen A Smith they are nuts for putting LeBron 2nd. Kobe was better as well. LeBron is pretty much equal to Bird IMO. I would take Shaq over LeBron. LeBron has taken advantage of a weak Eastern Conference for years, if he had been in the West his whole career, I am not even sure he would have a Ring?

-LeBron Top 10 ever - YES, 2nd best - HELL NO!
-Kobe IMO is in the discussion for Top 5 ever, being this is a Lakers Thread discussion I still have Magic 2nd best of all-time and Kareem 3rd. Jordan was the best IMO.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:56 pm

Style over substance. JFK and Barack were loved for their style and charisma - no matter how they ran the country. And they were hated for it too. LeBron is an amazing player in an era where everybody is bigger, faster and stronger than any era before. He's a prototype for greatness, and possibly the most complete all-around basletballer the game has ever seen.
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:00 pm

I originally typed Barack's last name and when I submitted it changed to "hwuyat" . . somebody in this php site doesn't like Barry :offtopic:
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:28 am

lakerevolution wrote:I originally typed Barack's last name and when I submitted it changed to "hwuyat" . . somebody in this php site doesn't like Barry :offtopic:

"lol4: The man with the Orange hair name does it too :rofl4: Regarding LeBron, while I agree he is Great (Top 10 ever without dispute) and best player today, I still don't have him 2nd all-time. That is just my opinion. In a big game winner take all, I am taking Magic and Kareem over him.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:34 pm

From the article:

“They’ll get somebody soon,” says an All-Star due to hit free agency in the near future. “They play hard. They play together. They know their role. And, most important, they’re in Los Angeles.”

These things obviously always have to be taken with a grain of salt.

I think I'll go with the "grain of salt." These superstars are pussies until proven otherwise. Either they sign with an elite team or one that will be elite (e.g., Kyrie + LeBron + Love - who LeBron obviously knew was coming) or they stay put. LeBron will go to Philly or Houston before he signs with us unless he can talk PG into coming with him. Who knows.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:56 am

No shit.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:09 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:

No shit.

:roflmao: Hell you and I know that. Lets add PG and re-sign Randle and make it 50 wins :slamdunk:
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:44 am

There's slightly improving and reaching .500 or better, then there's kickstarting this thing into high gear and virtually guaranteeing a 7th or even 6th seed. Experience and savvy are still our Achilles Heel with this young squad, something no FA addition will cure. Only two more seasons can do that. I know us TrueFans prefer a more pure, organic return to relevance - having endured the star-crossed additions of Karl Malone, Steve Nash and Dwight Howard. Should Magic and Rob choose to soup-up the Little Deuce Coupe or let it ride, we're in for some interesting growth spurts.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:15 am

lakerevolution wrote:There's slightly improving and reaching .500 or better, then there's kickstarting this thing into high gear and virtually guaranteeing a 7th or even 6th seed. Experience and savvy are still our Achilles Heel with this young squad, something no FA addition will cure. Only two more seasons can do that. I know us TrueFans prefer a more pure, organic return to relevance - having endured the star-crossed additions of Karl Malone, Steve Nash and Dwight Howard. Should Magic and Rob choose to soup-up the Little Deuce Coupe or let it ride, we're in for some interesting growth spurts.

If we had to sacrifice two of our yutes to wind up with Kawhi Leonard and Paul George, who would you sacrifice?
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:26 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:There's slightly improving and reaching .500 or better, then there's kickstarting this thing into high gear and virtually guaranteeing a 7th or even 6th seed. Experience and savvy are still our Achilles Heel with this young squad, something no FA addition will cure. Only two more seasons can do that. I know us TrueFans prefer a more pure, organic return to relevance - having endured the star-crossed additions of Karl Malone, Steve Nash and Dwight Howard. Should Magic and Rob choose to soup-up the Little Deuce Coupe or let it ride, we're in for some interesting growth spurts.

If we had to sacrifice two of our yutes to wind up with Kawhi Leonard and Paul George, who would you sacrifice?

Here's where I stand, I wouldn't trade anyone. I am keeping Lonzo, BI, Kuzma, and re-signing Randle. Then I am signing Paul George. If I cant get PG, then I am re-signing KCP and maybe Thomas. I like Hart too. I guess what I am trying to say, I am being Mr Patience and believe in our young guys. I do think we need to add a player or 2 but I wouldn't trade anyone to do it.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:50 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

Here's where I stand, I wouldn't trade anyone. I am keeping Lonzo, BI, Kuzma, and re-signing Randle. Then I am signing Paul George. If I cant get PG, then I am re-signing KCP and maybe Thomas. I like Hart too. I guess what I am trying to say, I am being Mr Patience and believe in our young guys. I do think we need to add a player or 2 but I wouldn't trade anyone to do it.

The summer is not the only trade window. Players know if they a) want to play in LA or b) want to give their current squad another chance, especially if there are new additions/subtractions that could positively affect the output. Did Jerry West and Mitch know they were going to work a mid-season Pau trade way before it happened? Of course they did. Likewise, if we don't make the marquee move this summer we could see an addition of veteran role players, setting us up to score the big name before the trade deadline. With so many rumors constantly swirling, I think Magic and Rob will likely keep things under wraps until the time is ripe.
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:40 am

"Caldwell-Pope had the best shooting season of his career, making 42.6 percent overall and 38.3 percent from the 3-point line. That resulted in 13.4 points per game. The 5.2 rebounds per game were also a career-high, while he tied his career-high with 1.4 steals per game."

https://lakeshowlife.com/2018/04/21/los ... st-season/
lakerevolution

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk