The 2017-18 NBA Season - Discussion Thread

Re: The 2017-18 NBA Season - Discussion Thread

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:29 am

lakerevolution wrote:Randle is not expendable! He's a young scrapper who is still working hard to grow his game! Remember how hard he studied when he missed his rookie season?? He loves the Lakers and we better start treating him like a Rambis, Mychal Thompson or Horace Grant if we're smart! He could be a key piece of a playoff team!

The 6-foot-8 power forward shot an effective 9-of-13 from the floor and got the scrap buckets when they counted most against a Warriors team that refused to let go of the rope. 

https://clutchpoints.com/warriors-news- ... dle-plays/


I get what you are saying, I like Randle but because we have Kuzma (who is the better player already), if we had to get rid of anyone or even trade someone to get Good return it would be Randle. We cant afford to give up Clarkson, he gives us Good to Great Scoring and we already gave up Lou Williams. We need Guards that can score because Lonzo isn't a Scorer and Clarky gives us that in bundles.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 4889
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 733 times
Been thanked: 301 times

Re: The 2017-18 NBA Season - Discussion Thread

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:21 am

Kuzma and Bogut airing out their differences on college sports via Twitter . . the day and age, smh.
User avatar
lakerevolution
 
Posts: 1463
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:36 pm
Has thanked: 149 times
Been thanked: 275 times

Re: The 2017-18 NBA Season - Discussion Thread

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:55 pm

I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #17 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
User avatar
KobeMVP888
 
Posts: 2217
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 237 times
Been thanked: 409 times

Re: The 2017-18 NBA Season - Discussion Thread

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:23 pm



Now why would he just let it sit there for most of the winter basketball season? Annnnd to follow up ..



Nerlens Noel? Kinda takes the credibility outta the story.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #17 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
User avatar
KobeMVP888
 
Posts: 2217
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 237 times
Been thanked: 409 times

Re: The 2017-18 NBA Season - Discussion Thread

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:40 pm

Can Bronnica and Lonzo co-exist, hypothetically?
User avatar
lakerevolution
 
Posts: 1463
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:36 pm
Has thanked: 149 times
Been thanked: 275 times

Re: The 2017-18 NBA Season - Discussion Thread

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:12 pm

I don't want to part with Randle, and it's a hypothetical, but . . .

Lakers get PF - Anthony Davis
SG - Ian Clark

Pelicans get PG - Jordan Clarkson
PF - Julius Randle
PF - Larry Nance Jr.
SF - Corey Brewer
C - Andrew Bogut
2020 1st round pick

https://hoopshabit.com/2017/12/20/nba-t ... ony-davis/
User avatar
lakerevolution
 
Posts: 1463
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:36 pm
Has thanked: 149 times
Been thanked: 275 times

Re: The 2017-18 NBA Season - Discussion Thread

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:47 pm

lakerevolution wrote:I don't want to part with Randle, and it's a hypothetical, but . . .

Lakers get PF - Anthony Davis
SG - Ian Clark

Pelicans get PG - Jordan Clarkson
PF - Julius Randle
PF - Larry Nance Jr.
SF - Corey Brewer
C - Andrew Bogut
2020 1st round pick

https://hoopshabit.com/2017/12/20/nba-t ... ony-davis/


Done. I mean who doesn't want Ian Clark's championship experience? Helllooooo!!! :beavis:
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #17 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
User avatar
KobeMVP888
 
Posts: 2217
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 237 times
Been thanked: 409 times

Re: The 2017-18 NBA Season - Discussion Thread

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:08 am

"Luol Deng has played one game this entire season for a grand total of 13 minutes and is unlikely to see any more action with the Lakers. The Lakers are paying him $17,190,000 for the 17/18 season. He makes $209,634.00 a game & doesn't even have to play."
User avatar
lakerevolution
 
Posts: 1463
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:36 pm
Has thanked: 149 times
Been thanked: 275 times

Re: The 2017-18 NBA Season - Discussion Thread

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:10 am

Image

52 games to put first 16 games of D and last 13 games of offense together! I still think we can sneak into the 8th spot. Slim chance, but the improvement is noticeable!!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #17 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
User avatar
KobeMVP888
 
Posts: 2217
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 237 times
Been thanked: 409 times

Re: The 2017-18 NBA Season - Discussion Thread

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:27 pm

I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #17 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
User avatar
KobeMVP888
 
Posts: 2217
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 237 times
Been thanked: 409 times

Re: The 2017-18 NBA Season - Discussion Thread

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:20 pm

I hold to the idea that Derrick's Memphis scandal wreaked karma on his NBA career. Poor rich guy.
User avatar
lakerevolution
 
Posts: 1463
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:36 pm
Has thanked: 149 times
Been thanked: 275 times

Re: The 2017-18 NBA Season - Discussion Thread

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:52 pm

lakerevolution wrote:I hold to the idea that Derrick's Memphis scandal wreaked karma on his NBA career. Poor rich guy.


Michael Beasley went for 32 & 12 off the bench in 24 minutes tonight. With the regular season having evolved into Offense being more important than Defense and you win by the 3 and die by the 2 (and free throws in our case), it makes complete sense that Michael Beasley has become the Jim Plunkett of today, if that analogy makes any sense. Hell, if that COMMENT makes any sense!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #17 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
User avatar
KobeMVP888
 
Posts: 2217
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 237 times
Been thanked: 409 times

Re: The 2017-18 NBA Season - Discussion Thread

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:58 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:I hold to the idea that Derrick's Memphis scandal wreaked karma on his NBA career. Poor rich guy.


Michael Beasley went for 32 & 12 off the bench in 24 minutes tonight. With the regular season having evolved into Offense being more important than Defense and you win by the 3 and die by the 2 (and free throws in our case), it makes complete sense that Michael Beasley has become the Jim Plunkett of today, if that analogy makes any sense. Hell, if that COMMENT makes any sense!


Only 12 QB's in NFL history have won 2 or more SB's while starting in NFL history out of the 51 played:
-Peyton Manning :D finally (2) - best way to go out!
-His brother Eli Manning (2)
-Big Ben Roethlisberger (2)
-John Elway (2)
-Roger Staubach (2)
-Bob Griese (2)
-Bart Starr (2)
-Then you have Tom Brady with 5, Joe Montana with 4, Terry Bradshaw with 4, and Troy Aikman with 3.

-Guess who I left off? That's right Big Bad Jim Plunkett, yes who would've thunk that! Plunkett won 2. Most underrated QB of all-time IMO. - TO YOUR POINT KENNY. Who would've ever thought Jim Plunkett would be in the Elite winners club?

:WTFface:
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 4889
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 733 times
Been thanked: 301 times

Re: The 2017-18 NBA Season - Discussion Thread

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:55 pm

Not sure how you guys feel but in Free Agency I would much rather sign a 27 yr old Demarcus Cousins and a 27 yr old Paul George to long contracts than sign LeBron James. LeBron James will be 33 in a few days. I get LeBron is a Top 10 player of all-time, arguably Top 5 but he will be 34 next December. The other 2 guys I mentioned can play another 6 or 7 seasons easily prime wise. We can let Lopez and KCP walk who are being paid huge money (both are Free Agents at the end of the season) and sign Cousins and George + keep Randle, Clarkson, and Hart to go with Lonzo, Ingram, and Kuzma. Hell we can even use Nance for tradebait if we need too. Nance is a decent player.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 4889
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 733 times
Been thanked: 301 times

Re: The 2017-18 NBA Season - Discussion Thread

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:48 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:Not sure how you guys feel but in Free Agency I would much rather sign a 27 yr old Demarcus Cousins and a 27 yr old Paul George to long contracts than sign LeBron James. LeBron James will be 33 in a few days. I get LeBron is a Top 10 player of all-time, arguably Top 5 but he will be 34 next December. The other 2 guys I mentioned can play another 6 or 7 seasons easily prime wise. We can let Lopez and KCP walk who are being paid huge money (both are Free Agents at the end of the season) and sign Cousins and George + keep Randle, Clarkson, and Hart to go with Lonzo, Ingram, and Kuzma. Hell we can even use Nance for tradebait if we need too. Nance is a decent player.


I would rather build around Kuzma and Ingram with a force like Cousins than complicate things by adding another wing like PG. Why not pay a little extra to Lou Williams, JJ Redick or Will Barton rather than thwart the progress of our two future all-stars? Then again, what do I know? I guess we should just take what we an get. There's a good chance that none of those guys will want to come here.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #17 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
User avatar
KobeMVP888
 
Posts: 2217
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 237 times
Been thanked: 409 times

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron